Howdy Y'all

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Howdy Y'all

Postby Mayberry » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Hey there. I'm an avid outdooesman from Corpus Christi, TX. I'm married (11 years) with 2 crumb crunchers ages 7 and 9. I love camping and small campers (though that's kinda tough with 2 kiddos and a wife who insists on having hot showers and a potty!) I'm a half a$$ designer, tinkerer, boat builder, mechanic, electrician, and general do-it-yourselfer. I work for Texas Parks and Wildlife Department at the CCA/CPL Marine Development Center here in Corpus (I'm a glorified fish farmer) which is a dream come true, and comes with the extra added benefit of access for free to Texas State Parks. I drive an old Jeep CJ 7, and Mama has a car, so I need a small camper that will accomodate 4 (and have the shower and potty for the better half). I've tinkered around with several ideas. Pop ups are great, but Mama doesn't really care for them. She wants a "real" camper. Maybe I'll find something here. Anyway, great site with lots of good ideas, and I'll see y'all around!
Mayberry
Teardrop Inspector

Postby len19070 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Congratulations,,,You meet all the criteria.....Your In.

Welcome! :applause:

Poke around here for a while, You'll find something.

Happy trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi Mayberrry,

Welcome to the forum. That a tall order... but browse around a while and let us know what you think will fit your criteria.

I've seen trailers with showers, and trailers with pottys and trailers with sleeping for 4, and even small trailers. I'm not sure I've ever seen all of the above in one package. :?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Mike C. » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi Mayberry,

Welcome to the forum. Quite a tall order, for a small trailer. To get some ideas, you might check out the " Hall of Fame ", in the upper left of each page. This will give you some ideas of what others have done.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:50 am

Image To the playground. A teardrop for 4 isn't that hard. Putting the shower in and keeping the "wet" out is hard. There are a few in the build forums that are wonder for children. Ours if arranged different would do bunks and keep the potty.

You can always move the kidlets to a tent too. :thumbsup: I don't have my list on this puter but if you "search" EZ you will find one done for two kids.

Good luck and keep us in pictures---cause they keep the bubble oil level. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves