Buildin'

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Buildin'

Postby Teary-eyed » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:22 am

Hello everyone. First-time builder, here. Every step is a learning experience and the hard part is to not chuck it all and start over! Trying to keep the first one as simple as possible - which is VERY hard to do on a Teardrop! There's sooooo much leeway!!! Hopefully going to have something for this summer, sell it, and then build the 'keeper'. Anyone else have this experience?
Teary-eyed
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:34 am

I had made so many mistakes on Chubby by the time I was 1/2 way into the build I was mad at myself. I started with no plan and just a few simple ideas I had formulated from building a little motorcycle cargo tear. I will be another 6 month this summer retro' ing things that would been so much easier if I had done them in the proper order. However , each mistake makes you just that much wiser so I oughta be a real smart fella by now.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Image to the playground Teary-eyed. A second to fix the mistakes of the first is a perfect excuse for the huge co-dependency we all have. Then you need a reason for the 3rd.... 8)

Just take lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: cause it keeps the bubble oil level. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby LMarsh » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm in the process of building my first teardrop and regardless of how it turns out or how complicated I end up making it my only goal is to FINISH it, and in a reasonable amount of time. I want it usuable by the time the weather is nice and the state parks open, if they haven't already.

Lucas
LMarsh
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:09 am

LMarsh wrote:I'm in the process of building my first teardrop and regardless of how it turns out or how complicated I end up making it my only goal is to FINISH it, and in a reasonable amount of time. I want it usuable by the time the weather is nice and the state parks open, if they haven't already.

Lucas

We call that campable an admirable goal. But FINISHED did you not know a homebuilt teardrop is never finished! :roll:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:44 am

Welcome to the forum Teary!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Toytaco2 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Teary - welcome and don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm in the middle of my first build as well. I've never even seen a finished teardrop in person. I learned everything I know about them from this forum. You'll be surprised at how well you do.
Toytaco2
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves