Hello all!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby elmo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Mary K wrote:Sorry for the Hijack Margie. :oops:

I'm sorry also! :oops:
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:39 pm

:lol: Well Marg. did we scare ya off. I think Elmo is right (well sorta) and you girls can alway work one up. Just remember MadOne's first was big and the second was HUGE and the one coming threatens to leave no space left. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby deputydogrick » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:49 am

welcome Marg, lots of great suggestions and pictures here, don't be afraid to ask questions, real helpful folks here. :thumbsup:
Keep it fun, Move at your own pace, Don't get hurt
"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think!" Joel Volk
You should never meddle with dragons...............for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
deputydogrick
Lifetime member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 am

Sounds great Marge. Give us a couple of weeks notice and we'll try to get some locals rounded up to meet. If nothing else we can camp at camp Rayville, our acre back yard. Some of us camp there in the winter. I no that's cheating cause we hang out in our wood heated greenhouse but we do sleep in the campers and have a campfire at night. If we knew you were here in Jan. we camped than and you would have been welcome.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby aammmar » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:17 pm

Great suggestions. I don't know about LGIII though that is really too far out for me. Don't know where I will be.

By the way Elmo, you better get off that pot -- isn't your butt hurting? You should be done by now.

There does seem to be lots to do, and I am looking foward to it. This is fun camping and a lot nicer than what I have done in the past!

Thanks guys for all the input. Margie
"Laughter is life's music."
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Re: Mike

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 am

aammmar wrote:Thanks for the welcome! As I said, I have been wandering around the site for awhile and finally decided to join. I need to attend some of the get-togethers. There don't seem to be many in Florida this summer. But there is one in NC that I think I may attend; sounds like a good one to start with.

I was in Kansas for three months. Retirement is great - come and go as I please.

Anyway, hope to meet lots of people on the site.

Margie

Hi Margie,

Did you get my PM about camping at St Joseph Peninsula State Park? That's a pretty short trip from Tallahassee. What do ya think? :thinking:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby aammmar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Got your message. I will be there. And I will be prepared for no-see-ums and raccoons. No-see-ums tear me up, but thanks goodness for good old bug spray.

See ya there

Margie 8)
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu May 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Margie, welcome to the life of teardrop trailering. No-see-ums........oh yes, those little critters were able to walk right through the standard window screens we had in our motorhome, while full-timing in Florida. If and when you get to the west coast, swing on by, since we're 1/2 way between Disneyland and Sea World. The coffee's always on.
Roly ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Roly

Postby aammmar » Fri May 02, 2008 10:55 am

What a beautiful trailer. Don't know if I will ever make it over to you neck of the woods but if I do I will look you and your wife up. Sounds like you have enjoyed the Teardrop life. I intend to also.

Margie
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Postby tinytrailer » Sat May 10, 2008 7:20 am

I camp all winter long, here in Florida. I enjoy the state parks that we have here in our state. I go quite a few times, by myself as not many people are retired or can take the time off. I go to all the FL gatherings and they are a great group of people. Mary Ann
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Mary Ann

Postby aammmar » Tue May 20, 2008 6:50 am

I camp by myself as well. Haven't made a FL gathering. I was supposed to go to one 8-11 May but was unable to make it. Later this summer I will be taking a trip to the West Coast with dog Rosie and I am looking foward to it.
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves