La Mesa, CA Newbie checking in

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

La Mesa, CA Newbie checking in

Postby DJBear » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Greetings everyone,
Just getting started in the Teardrop Trailer world. I have the basic trailer frame, and I'm still researching which design to emulate, but I've admired the following you folks and your trailers have for years.
I'm in east San Diego County, and I know all the best coffee houses, so if you're in the neighborhood, let me know ahead of time. I'm always up for talking teardrops and feeding my caffeine fix.
I checked out a big chunk of the gallery Hall of Fame this morning. WOW! I can't wait to get started!

Thanks for the forum and I look forward to meeting some of your on (and off) the road someday. :coffee:
DJ Bear
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." --W.C. Fields
DJBear
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Image to the playground. Now you said coffee and my sensory receptors went off. Forgot I made some. :R Enjoy the site and remember that the :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: is an important tool for keeping the bubble oil level. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Welcome DJBear. La Mesa is a nice place to live if you can handle the summer heat :sweaty: Is La Mesa the one that touts to be the best climate in the USA?:icedtea:. Check out all the links at the top of the page, very useful stuff for your build. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Dean_A » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:47 pm

DJ,
Welcome to the forum, I'm down in Eastlake. just a quick shot down the 125 from you. If you ever want to check out a (mostly) finished teardrop, give me a holler.
--Dean
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Postby DJBear » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:35 am

Thanks for the warm (but not La Mesa Hot) welcome, everyone!!! I don't know about the perfect climate claim, but I do enjoy living here. Any place one can live where it is regularly shirt-sleeve-weather, is Okee-Dokee in my book. 8)

Dean - you're only a few miles further away from me than my in-laws, so I'll gladly take you up on your offer. I'll send you a PM with my home email address and phone number.
Danny- I spent most of the [work]day yesterday cruising the links. You are correct, sir! Tons of great information.
Miriam - I have not yet ventured to Missouri, but I hear the motorcycle roads and camping areas are great there. MO is definitely on my list of places to visit.

Thanks again!
DJ Bear
DJ Bear
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." --W.C. Fields
DJBear
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves