Hello from Nebraska!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Nebraska!

Postby Upsided0wnDucks » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi all, my name is Krista and I go by Ducks online. I'm from Lincoln NE and am excited to have found this forum! I haven't been on a camping trip, or even out of NE for the past 3 years and it's killing me! Well, I've spent all of that time fighting cancer and haven't been allowed to leave the state and considering I'm about to turn 20 this May I'm going stir crazy! I'm literally months from being done with chemo and all my treatments and have decided the best way to get back to traveling like I used to (my aunt and uncle move every 3 years because of their jobs and I always went to see them and my family has a small cabin in CO) is a Tear Drop!

I've got some permenant damage to my bones so I know I won't be able to build one on my own, so I'd really like to hire someone to build one for me! I do have a weight limit of under 1000# because of my car. I also have a budget, because I'm... well... young, but my boyfriend and I just hit our 4yr anniversary last month and are willing to negotiate for what we want.

Since I was diagnosed while I was still 17 I got a wish from Make a Wish and wound up getting my first puppy, a Yorkie, Isabell, and also bred her and kept one of her puppies, Roxi! I know when I travel I'll take them wherever I go so I'll need a few tweaks in my TD for them to be able to come with us. Well now that I've rambled a little bit about myself and why I'm here I guess that'll be my intro. I'll post in the Wanted/For Sale section soon with a few more details about possibly hiring someone to build for me and some specs about what I might need/want. Thanks All!

Ducks :)
Upsided0wnDucks
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mandy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Welcome Ducks,
Come on over to the Lady teardrop thread we would love to hear from ya. http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=14863

Again Welcome and have Fun.

Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby exminnesotaboy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:23 pm

welcome! Your dogs will be welcome - alot of us teardroppers have them. Here is our Silky Terrier at the Minden, Nebraska gathering last year:

Tony & Kathy(and Casey, woof!)
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:42 pm

Image to the playground Ducks. Happy to hear you made it with your sense of adventure in tact. Finding a td will be great fun for you and camping even more so.

Take a look around so you get a good idea what you like. Makes the planning much easier.

Blessings to you
:thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Upsided0wnDucks » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Thanks everyone!
Upsided0wnDucks
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hiker chick » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:11 pm

Welcome, Ducks! Kudos to you for your tremendous spirit and resolve to explore with a new teardrop.

My Samoyed, Gidget, is a certified therapy dog and makes rounds in pediatric oncology. She's wagging her tail in enthusiastic support for you, too.

Must you have someone build a custom teardrop, or are you open to buying one from a manufacturer? I have an '08 Little Guy 6'-wide and am very happy with it. They have smaller sizes (a 5'-wide might be fine and better for towing) and previous model years that are still new on dealer lots can be a bargain.

[url]Image
[/url]Image[/img]
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi Ducks, welcome to the board. Looks like you are wanting to join in the fun dispite your health issues. Good for you. I suggest you consider buying a teardrop rather than having someone build one for you. That way, you can discuss the pros and cons with other owners about their likes and dislikes of various types of trailers.

I am sure you would be happier with a pre-built teardrop rather than agonizing through the decisions and time-loss of having one built from scratch, which may well not end up being what you expected. There are a number of quality tears being built and getting feedback from present owners is always available on this fourm.

Good luck on what ever you decide to do, and hope to touch bases with you at some future teardrop gatherings.

Roly, hoping you get the answers your desire on this venue. :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves