Looking for information

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Looking for information

Postby Chabeau » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 am

Hi all . I am a new member, although i have visited this site many times to gather information. Does anyone have a list of suppliers in Canada for windows, trim, door handles, anything that might be handy for someone jusrt starting to build. Dealing with customs has become so fustrating, especially trying to import a trailer from the US. Thanks . Discouraged before i get started. :roll:
Chabeau
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Looking for information

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:46 am

Chabeau wrote:Hi all . I am a new member, although i have visited this site many times to gather information. Does anyone have a list of suppliers in Canada for windows, trim, door handles, anything that might be handy for someone jusrt starting to build. Dealing with customs has become so fustrating, especially trying to import a trailer from the US. Thanks . Discouraged before i get started. :roll:

Chabeau,

Welcome to the forum. Don't get discouraged yet, we have lots of builders in Canada. The building of a teardrop is really a series of small projects that culminate into a teardrop trailer. So if you look at it that way you can progress through the process a step at a time. I would ask someone that has completed a teardrop a few specific questions to start, rather than ask for a list of all the suppliers in Canada. I wonder where John (Micro469) got his frame? You might PM and ask him.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Ken A Hood » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:54 am

I got my windows on eBay, (PIC)customs/duty weren't a problem, but it's a hit and miss for me. I've got other stuff and I think it depends on how it's shipped, since some smaller stuff I've had to pay duty.

Trim, you'll need to probably get from an RV supplier, since to get it shipped it needs to be cut down 8" max I think

Door Handles I picked up from a marine supplier out west Pic

I have a few links for other Canadian Suppliers, I'll post them when I get home as their on my computer there
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby Chabeau » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanks both Steve and Ken. I have read many of your posts and i appreciate the time you both took to reply to my question. I have started gathering some items, mainly reading lights. Since i live on the east coast i got these from a marine supplier. All fishing and pleasure boats are 12 volt.
Chabeau
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sdtripper2 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 am

"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby Chabeau » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:32 pm

:) Thanks for the site that you provided. This should keep me busy for a while.
Chabeau
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves