From Missouri. My two week build on a deadline.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby ARKPAT » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Looks very good Scott. :thumbsup:

You will be ready to go camping soon. :thumbsup:

Just make sure the weather seal is complete and ready before travel. Always check with water before the real thing. :thinking:

Have fun!

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mike C. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum. Another Missourian. :woohoo:

What are you doing reading this? Build man, build !!!! :D

And keep posting pictures!!!!!

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 pm

WOW ..... that's all I can think of to say ... I had to stop and think about how to do something in the time it has taken you to build half your trailer!

I hope you'll call it The Streak or something like that for a theme considering how quickly you're building.,.. but no nudity , ok? hahah

:lol:

Welcome to our camping world.... come camping with us soon !

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:12 am

Hi Scott
First welcome to the forum.
Second WOW! that's fast and looks good.
Third we'll be coming through Springfield Thursday on the way to Petit Jean maybe we could meet up someplace.
If not hope to meet up at a gathering sometime.

GAry and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:38 pm

That trailer is looking good! But the workspace, that's impressive! How big is that space?
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby tsj5677 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:15 am

What a weekend. As you can see from the pics, I made my goal. Weathertight with a mattress. So it should be smooth sailing between now and my float trip this next weekend. I still would like to add a battery box and finish wiring the inside if nothing else before the trip.

I decided yesterday to take it on its maiden voyage and see how it towed at highway speeds. I was planning on going to my parents for fathers day so I thought what a good time to show it off. Sunny afternoon. Got to my parents (towed great btw) and the sky started to darken up. About an hour later we had a major thunderstorm come through complete with rain...... and hail. :( . Golfball size to baseball size. As you can see from the last pics she took some damage. I also have to replace the brand new vent installed just hours before. Oh well, such is life. On the brighter side, no leaks inside. :)
tsj5677
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tsj5677 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:27 am

I also just realized that my "two week" build. Actually only took one week. The only thing I had done as of last Sunday was the old crap taken off the frame. So here is the build timeline.

Sunday 6/8/08 Wirebrushed the frame. Painted frame. Cut and installed floor. Two gallons of roof tar. Cut out sides.

Monday 6/9/08 Installed walls and cut and installed roof spars.

Tuesday 6/10/08 Installed interior luan.

Wednesday 6/11/08 Installed insulation, interior wiring, and exterior luan.

Thursday 6/12/08 Installed most of the outer aluminum sheet metal.

Friday 6/13/08 Finished aluminum installation.

Saturday 6/14/08 Cut roof vent hole. Trimmed door frame. Wired trailer lights. Went a bought good used queen size mattress ($15 what a score) Put in one window.

Sunday 6/15/08 Put in vent (have to replace tonight), Built and installed door. Installed second window.

And to answer cliffmeisters question about my work space. The only thing that wasn't done in my driveway/garage. Was the sheet metal install at my friends shop.

I realize that there is plenty more to be done before I can call this project completed. But I am very pleased with myself to be able to use it in such a short period of time. Thanks for all the kind replys and support. I will continue to update my album but probably not until after the float trip.

Scott
Last edited by tsj5677 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
tsj5677
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:31 am

Moments before I left for Florida with mine I stopped at my insurance agents and insured Chubby for $3,000 and I don't regret a single payment now that I have seen yours.
Man I am so sorry what a bite. !!!
If you want a electrical source ac and dc and are out of time I would recommend the electromate 400 or something similar ac dc a compressor and auto jumping capabilities. All of which I have used . While my tear is wired ac/dc it will not inflate a low tire and it won't jump my tow vehicle when some dummy leaves the key on all night. :oops:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 pm

bobhenry wrote:Moments before I left for Florida with mine I stopped at my insurance agents and insured Chubby for $3,000 and I don't regret a single payment now that I have seen yours.
If you want a electrical source ac and dc and are out of time I would recommend the electromate 400 or something similar ac dc a compressor and auto jumping capabilities. All of which I have used . While my tear is wired ac/dc it will not inflate a low tire and it won't jump my tow vehicle when some dummy leaves the key on all night. :oops:

I guess I have missed domething? I don't see anything about damage to a tear in this post?
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:
bobhenry wrote:Moments before I left for Florida with mine I stopped at my insurance agents and insured Chubby for $3,000 and I don't regret a single payment now that I have seen yours.

I guess I have missed domething? I don't see anything about damage to a tear in this post?

I see it now. Hail! That is very sad. I lived in Kansas for 5 years, had a Toyota Chinook camper that was brand new one day, looked like it have been attacked by angry elves wielding ball peen hammers the next. Insurance gave me a "beautification allowance", told me not to bother them anymore.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby tsj5677 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:45 pm

Haha. Ball peen wielding angry elves. :) That gives me an idea. I could measure out and give the roof a good smack with a ball peen hammer every one inch or so covering the top in dimples. Then tell everyone it helps airflow like a golf ball.
tsj5677
Teardrop Inspector

Postby neal b » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:49 pm

camper looks great mother nature wasnt very nice to you :cry: enjoy your first camping /float trip be safe

neal b :D
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Dang those MO elves the tears looks good except for the custom work. We just got missed Sunday hailed about 8 miles from us.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby 2bits » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:31 am

Excellent, inspiring work and with a wife too! :applause: Very GREAT looking job! YEAH
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby neal b » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:23 pm

how did your first camping trip go with your new teardrop ? any pics of the set up

neal b :D
neal b
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves