Morning from Texas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Morning from Texas

Postby jhjspecks » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:07 am

Good morning/evening from League City TX. my name is Jeremy Johnston and I am a Police Sergeant here in Texas. I am lurking getting ideas for my first attempt at building a teardrop. I hope to be able to start my build here in the next couple of months. will be used for extended kayak fishing trips.
jhjspecks
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:41 am

I have never been kayak fishing.
Are they hard to clean ?
How do they taste.
I can only imagine if over cooked
the smell of burnt polypropelene !

Welcome to the insanity

P.S. Did anyboby warn ya we're a little strange?

Bob
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Sonetpro » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:36 am

Welcome Jeremy,
I am also a kayak fisherman. Mostly offshore.
I also built my tear for fishing trips. There will be a few of us camped at High Island this weekend if you want to take a look. It works great and keeps the wife happy so I can fish longer.
Here are some pic's.
http://kayakfishing.sonetpro.com/
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby jhjspecks » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:34 pm

ya thanks guys, and Steve the teardrop is half your fault. saw it at one of the BTB deals. but I am more of a skinny water kind of guy.
jhjspecks
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:12 pm

Image to the playground Jeremy. Anything we can do to help just ask. One thing---get the camera cause ya gotta keep the bubble oil leve :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: 8) Seriously---pictures go a long way toward explaining "issues" and they help others along the way!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to the forum. Hope we can help you out. Got questions, just ask. I can't guarantee the answers though, might be right or..... :oops:
Hope you jump in and have fun.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby 2bits » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:24 am

Since you mentioned it, I have read an interesting point here that you might want to ponder. Where to put the boat... on the tear or on the truck. The boat looks cool on the tear, but the problem arises because you park the tear... If it is on the truck, you can unhook the tear and set it all up and still be able to drive over to the dock with the boat on top. Food for thought, and hello from Dallas!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:34 am

Hello and Welcome to the teardrop madness

We look forward to meeting you at a gathering in the future.

Get busy and be sure to take lots of pics

Linda and Charles
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Hello Sergeant Johnston, I just recieved a speeding ticket in the town of League City and I am hoping you can do something about it, so I can avoid a fine or points against my insurance.................Naw, just kidding, Jeremy, and I want to welcome you to the most informative forum and message board on the web. You have come to the right place.

Of course, I would lean toward encouraging you to build a woody, but the other kind are kind of nice too. Check out the build info above, decide on the shape and size, get that trailer, clean out the build area and get started. Everyone has questions about their build, I know I sure did, and all you have to do is ask and answers will be forthcoming.

See if you can attend a teardrop gathering (walk-ins are always welcome) or have some local Texans have you over to check out their rigs. A look-see is worth a thousand words. Expect to hear from them in succesive posts. Good luck on your build, take pics, post em and come and join in on all of the fun.
Roly.....PS, forget about the ticket, I just paid the mayor to take care of it. ;) Was 500 bucks too much?
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves