new guy

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

new guy

Postby Nile » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:13 pm

New guy from California. Glad I found this forum looking forward to my first build. Great information.
Thanks Nile.
Nile
Teardrop Inspector

Postby del » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:36 pm

Welcome Nile. For ideas on your build attend a gathering (see destinations at the top of the page) and bring your SST (soft sided tear aka a tent). You will enjoy yourself and see functional tears first hand.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Hello Nile, Where abouts in California are you located. There's going to be a Teardrop & Vintage Trailer Gathering near Wrightwood next weekend (not this weekend but the following). If your in the area, come on up and say hi. And welcome to the play ground (hope you can take a joke once in a while).
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:08 am

Welcome Nile!
Looks like you have found the right place. Have fun and enjoy camping. :thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:15 am

Welcome to the board, Nile. If you are anywhere near Wrightwood, it would be to your advantage to come on up to the top of the mountain and meet the great teardrop and vintage trailer enthusiasts. No reservations required, walk-ins always welcome, just stop on by and check out our rigs. See you there.
Roly ;)
Last edited by Roly Nelson on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

thanks

Postby Nile » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My 12 year old and I are going to try this project together. There is such a tremendous amount of information here! It would be nice to come out and chat and get a first hand look. I live in Thousand Oaks Ca. Keep me informed as to gatherings in Southern CA.
Thanks, Nile.
Nile
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Image to the playground Nile. Building with young buddy sounds like fun. Enjoy and be sure to use the :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Keeps us updated and keeps the bubble oil level.

:thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi Nile,

Welcome to the forum. Building with a young co-conspirator can be fun.
Be sure and post photos as you go and if we can answer questions, just ask. Hope you both have fun and learn alot.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Italia » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:37 am

WELCOME Nile!,
I grew up and lived in Thousand Oaks before moving to the central coast.
There will be a Teardrop gathering at Lopez Lake in Arroyo Grande on Sept. 11-13. I would say it is about 2 1/2 hrs. away from you , we would love to have you drive up and get some ideas for yor build.
Chris
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:31 pm

Nile, Wrightwood is only 107 miles from Thousand oaks and is a little less than a 2 hour drive. You should plan to drive up and meet us all. Plenty of food at the end on the day for all interested. A pretty drive and an interesting day.
Roly 8)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

wow

Postby Nile » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:39 pm

Thanks for the invites. I may not make Wrightwood but the one in Sept should be possible. I'm negotiating with the Mrs. for funding. After thirty years of marriage I know we are going to need her support. I will bring the whole family out in Sept, so keep me informed. I purchased a set of plans from Desert Teardrops, I understand there are eaiser plans available. With the on line plans for the Benroy I should be able to make these work. Of course I found this web sight after I ordered the plans! But what a great web sight!!! Looking forward to our first meeting!
Thanks, Nile.
Nile
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves