Hey there teardroppers & TTT buddies

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hey there teardroppers & TTT buddies

Postby Shazza » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:25 pm

I have been lurking around for over a year on several TD sites and am finally seeing where I can begin to possibly build! Yahooo! :applause: So I am looking forward to a wonderful time building as soon as I find the perfect trailer to start.

I would love to connect with any women who have attempted to do this primarily on their own.. (my husband will help when he can but I don't expect to much of it)

Am going to look at a trailer for sale on CL tomorrow and if it isn't good I'll most likely end up with the small one at HF.. I want to be able to pull this behind my daughters VW bug.

Thank you so much for all of your willingness to help (in advance!) :)

Shazza
Shazza
Gold Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi Shazza,
Since you aren't getting any responses from the female gender, I thought I would welcome you to the forum.
I would also add that there is a lot of knowledge and experience from the male gender that may be of use to you. So if you would like, feel free to ask.
Again, welcome :)
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby del » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Welcome Shazza, I am sorry to tell you this but you will not be the first (second or tenth) lady to build a teardrop trailer. If you have not found this thread already check this out http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=14863&start=1080. Yes ask your questions on the forum, and before you know you will be answering some too. One more thing Auntie M loves pictures.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:41 pm

Hey Shazza,

Welcome to the forum. I see Auntie M already found you, so you're in good hands... 8) :lol:

Let me know when you have some pictures to show off!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Thanks for the welcome

Postby Shazza » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome,
Toby, Del & Mike...

I'm very excited to get to the point where I felt I could actually join the chatter... :)

shazz-ma-tazz
Shazza
Gold Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Shazza, welcome and hope you enjoy the group. I ordered a HF trailer frame and it was delivered in my driveway 3 days later. So, in within the next week, we will be expecting pics of your assembly efforts as you uncrate the cardboard boxes and crank all of the nuts and bolts in place. Directions are in the package. You may not be aware that a highschool gal built a teardrop in her shop class and it turned out great. So, we have faith in you and your build. 1/2 of the battle is just being aware that you think you can do it. Good luck, take pics and perhaps you will get additional welcome notes from the other 50 members of the welcoming committee............Huh, what's that?

See if you can hook up with some of the local Oregon builders and users, one look is worth a thousand words. Check out the Destinations section and attend a gathering, walk-ins are always welcome, I found that out when I got interested 6 years ago. Step 1, buy frame, Step 2 build teardrop.
Roly, :applause:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves