bittin by the td bug and tweeking bad!!!!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

bittin by the td bug and tweeking bad!!!!

Postby wingnutt111 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:16 pm

wingnutt here from venice beach ca.somebody stop me!ive been tweeking for hours and hours trying to figure this out and ive decided to start asking for help!before my girlfriend leaves me!this is what ive decided i want to build,a 5x10 offroad benroy teardrop! my first question,where do i find the trailer plans? 2nd, why are the ones ive seen not exactly 5x10(a few in. off) and should i build it or buy a kit?everyone here seems really cool and i want to jump in on the band wagon!.also ill be pulling it with a toyota tacoma v6
someone said no to me today!,what does this mean?
wingnutt111
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Plans,... you can use the Generic Benroy Plans... up there in the menu

Since the plans are 5x8, just stretch it by 2 feet, and you're good to go!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:38 pm

...two words forya nut...patience grasshoppaaa...take a deep breath and read the stickies(for starters) in the General Discussion, Trailer and Chassis secrets, Teardrop Construction Techniques and Electrical sections and follow the various links in the index at the top of the page...especially sdtripper2's index...spend some time reading up, it will be well worth it...
...starting here would be a really good place to begin... http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=5686
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

taking a big breath

Postby wingnutt111 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:03 pm

if i just ad 2ft to the chasis, would i just ad a foot on each end and keep the axle in the same location?
someone said no to me today!,what does this mean?
wingnutt111
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:06 am

...think of it in percentages...about 1.2' added on the rear and about .8' added to the front...you may also need to lengthen the tongue to keep the towvehicle from hitting the tow in an extreme backing maneuver

***disclaimer*** not knowing what your thought processes are and where you are in your planning, nothing I said above is anymore than theoretical wild a&& guessing...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 am

Something to think about when it comes to an off road teardrop here in California. Most are 4' wide becauce you end up with a 6 1/2' wide tear if you plan on adding wheels and tires. And if your talking 10' long because your 7' tall, you can always extend the sleeping area under the galley. Just something more to think about. :thinking: And Welcome aboard. If your not doing anything this weekend, come on up to Wrightwood and take a look around. There is going to be a Teardrop & Vintage Trailer Gathering at Table Mountain, across from Mountain High West.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:30 pm

wingnut-111, just drive East until your ears pop, come to the top of the mountain, check out Gage's teardrop, it's a one of a kind. I'll be there too, with bells on. Good friendly folks and good food. Plan on it.
Roly :D
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves