Hello from Highland California

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby TD_Dodger » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:10 pm

thank you guys i feel very welcome i just cant wait to get started.

roly i think a woody would be to hard for me i think im going to K.I.S.S This one if you know what i mean :twisted:
TD_Dodger
Teardrop Advisor

My Photos

Postby TD_Dodger » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:21 pm

hey guys i uploaded some photos in my album, hope this works.

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... er_id=7242
TD_Dodger
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Does that Benroy have two doors or one? I can't tell.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby billnut » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:35 pm

:D Bet it's a two door Gage.
(the old goat can't see)
Bill ( a first for me )
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby TD_Dodger » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:38 pm

YES it is a two door. now im going to take everything off and save as much wood as i can and keep the frame original. i might get rid of the stove and the sink. i posted more pictures check them out.

further update I finally got it towed home today, after getting some used tires for it. i ended up paying 80 dollars for both tires equivalent to one new one.
TD_Dodger
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:31 pm

I've been watching a single door Benroy for almost 20 years now. Only a few were made. You might consider also replacing all the wood if your going to take it all the way down. Do it slowly and don't throw away anything that looks orig and can't be replaced. Mainly the stove, ice box and propane tank. I'm completely rebuilding a KIT (mfg) teardrop and if your interested, you can see how I'm doing it HERE. Good luck with your restore/rebuild.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TD_Dodger » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:41 pm

I dont know if the ice box might work it looks really aged. the aluminum of the outer skin to the TD looks bent up you think i can use it still or replace it?
TD_Dodger
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:29 pm

TD_Dodger wrote:I dont know if the ice box might work it looks really aged. the aluminum of the outer skin to the TD looks bent up you think i can use it still or replace it?

I'd replace it. Make it look new. You'll be happier in the end. I'm looking to rebuild the 'KIT' for under $2500 and that included replacing the axle. Stretch that amount over time and you won't even realize it.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TD_Dodger » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:15 pm

great i took alot apart today, i got more pics up from it ill post them tommorrow. im going to keep some of the skin so i can trace it or is there an easier way? i dont know if i need to replace the axle it looks ok to me ill take some pic of it and show and tell me what you think. how much did you pay for your aluminum skin? the thing is i have a blue extera that im going to use with it is that good? orr tooo much? and i want to make it the same color as my extera with a dodger theme. what do i need to do in regards to the skin for what i want to do?
TD_Dodger
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves