Hi from TN

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi from TN

Postby ladyphoenix » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi all!

I am the newbie here. I just recently saw one of the on the road and fell immediatly in love with it! This is just what my husband and i need for camping!

I have been doing some research on these to see if maybe I could build him one for Christmas with a little bit of help and I found your site!

I am now hooked!
ladyphoenix
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tinksdad » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Welcome to the insanity!! Just Kidding,,,, we are not all crazy here.

If you are thinking about building, I suggest you read as much as possible, especially the "stickies"; there is so much valuable info to be gleaned.

And when you do start building..... the peeps here like to see pictures!!!!

BTW..... what part of TN?? I'm just across the border in MS. Maybe we can exchange some ideas and learn together.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby Rarin2go » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Welcome to the fun zone. Several builds have been done by members right here in Tennessee. So jump right in and learn from very fine folks, and then make some sawdust!
Living today and planning for tomorrow.
TnT in Tennessee.
Rarin2go
Teardrop Master

Postby sid » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:41 am

Glad you joined us and welcome to the fun!

What part of TN?

Tearjerkers has started a chapter here in TN so you might want to check here for any future gatherings.

http://www.tearjerkers.net

Mark and Pat
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:42 pm

Image to the playground. And it isn't justthe peeps who have a thing for the :pictures: it is that the :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Keep the bubble oil level. They are amazingly helpful to others and when asking questions as you will see.

Take pictures every time you do anything. :thumbsup: We have a lot of women builders so join the party and introduce your self.
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=14863

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Jim T » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:14 am

Welcome Lady Pheonix,
If you are looking for info on building a trailer, you stumbled on the right site. Be sure and check out the generic benroy plans ( the link is at the top of the page). No matter what kind of trailer you build, between these plans and all of the help available on the site, even a klutz like me can build a trailer. And be sure and include pictures of your progress. If you start down a wrong path, other members will catch you before you get to far. :thumbsup:
Jim
Jim T
Teardrop Advisor

HEY IM NEW!!!!

Postby RyanSmith86 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey I'm new to all of this but i want to get started building soon on a 5 platform and want to know of any good plans.

Thanks from Nashville
RyanSmith86
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Hey Ryan,

Welcome to the forum. Plans... check out the Generic Benroy plans up there in the menu. That can be adapted to most teardrops in the Hall of Fame! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby RyanSmith86 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks! What about like plans from start to finish with like prices too?
RyanSmith86
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tinksdad » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:32 pm

I was a lurker for a little over two years before joining this group. I read everything I could. Tossed around a lot of different design ideas, and scrapped quite a few before I got started on my build a couple weeks ago. I'm still changing things as I go; but I do have to say the Generic Benroy plans are probably the most complete plans available for free. I'm not building a Benroy; but I refer to them for many of the ideas I'm using on putting my TD together.....one step at a time. I just plan each step (and tentatively the next two beyond) before I pick up a tool.

As far as price to build..... that's totally dependent on your skill levels and how much you can do yourself and how much you have to farm out. It also depends on how simple or elaborate your design and choice of materials. I had hoped to have my frame and the basic cabin done (not including windows and some other hardware) using my Stimulus check. I'm pretty sure I will make that with a few bucks to spare. What it's going to take to finish it, I don't know because I keep adding things.

Bottom line.....
The cost of the experience of building one of these...... PRICELESS!!!
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:33 pm

For prices, do a search to find out what other builders spent.

Also look at Rich's list and sdtrippers index for sources with prices.

Plan on being here a while, it's a process that takes time, but you'll have fun!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby sid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:42 pm

Hey Ryan,

I'm down the road in Smyrna.... If you'd like to see a BenRoy let me know.

Off track here in this thread, so I'll send you a PM.......
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves