Joining you from St. Louis

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Joining you from St. Louis

Postby Jason and Amanda » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:30 am

Hey everyone,
My wife and I just ordered a LG 5 x 8 silver shadow and of course we're super excited to use it. She's already started turning her gears on decorating... and of course I've got my mind wrapped around a decent car audio setup, maybe even with a flip down tv screen and dvd player.

Anywho the important stuff, we are from the St. Louis area and are happy to have found this forum! We should be taking delivery in a few weeks and we're very excited.

Jason
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:09 am

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum.

Take lots of pictures of your mods. We'd like to see them! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mrchuc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 am

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum! It is great to hear from another Little Guy owner here in the St. Louis area. :)

We purchased ours last fall in Eureka, MO. Did you use that one or one in IL?

As Mike says, take lot of pics!

I am sure we will meet up in person soon at one of the gatherings.

Happy Camping! :thumbsup:
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:04 pm

mrchuc,
I did buy from Little Guy Midwest in Eureka, tiny place but I really like their customer service. Tons of pictures will be coming, the wife has a very girly theme chosen for the inside (oh well :) )
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby neal b » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi Jason welcome aboard this is agreat place you will make a lot of friends here i did iam going to eureka tue. to look at one

neal b :D
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Neal,
Do you have a model in mind? The wife and I don't have any kids yet, just a miniature schnauzer so I had considered the rascal. I'm 6' tall though so the head room elimated that LG immediately. The silver shadow's galley is so much nicer than the regular little guy's that there is no comparison. One thing I noticed though is that if you want a platform the full width of the trailer you will not like the silver shadow as the platform is somewhat triangular shaped to contour with the tongue of the trailer, it really looks better though. I bet that if you asked they could build it with a full width platform though.

Anyway I just got off the phone with Little Guy midwest a little bit ago. The order is placed and we didn't get the high line so we're not getting the fiberglass fenders and 3 speed fan, but they are going to go ahead and put the laminate on the counter top for us (the wife liked it better than the wood) I guess I don't mind either way.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby peppernjoey » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Neal,

Where are you going to make the little schnau sleep? :?

Pepper

Jason and Amanda wrote:, just a miniature schnauzer so I had considered the rascal.
A house is not a home without a schnauzer!
peppernjoey
Teardrop Inspector

Postby neal b » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:58 pm

i looked at the little guy last summer now iam going to check out the silver shadow series its just me and two small yorkies they dont take up much room :lol:

neal b :D
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby lovntears » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:58 am

Greetings from another newbie from the STL area. We are 31 and 26 with an almost four year old son. We don't have a tear yet, but we are looking for one before I leave for Afghanistan.

Hopefully we will run into one another sometime.

Steve
lovntears
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:32 pm

lovntears wrote:Greetings from another newbie from the STL area. We are 31 and 26 with an almost four year old son. We don't have a tear yet, but we are looking for one before I leave for Afghanistan.

Hopefully we will run into one another sometime.

Steve

Have a safe deployment, I just got back from over there, can't say the location though... one of those spots. I'm active air force, are you active duty army?
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby mrchuc » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Jason and Amanda wrote:Have a safe deployment,
:thumbsup: I will second that!

And to Jason: Welcome Home! :banana:

I do a radio show here in St. Louis called Vet Net, a veterans' affairs show on KDHX. It airs at 5:30 am every Monday, but for those who like to be asleep at that hour, it is archived on the internet at http://kdhx.org.

I say all that to say that our July 14 show will be with Julieann Najar, founder of "A Soldier's Wish". http://www.asoldierswish.org. Folks who want to "Support Our Troops" can do a little something by volunteering to fulfill some simple wishes of our troops who are deployed in harm's way. Service members fill out a wish list and folks like me fill out a volunteer form. The folks at A Soldier's Wish then match up volunteers and service members. Simple and fun!

I just "adopted" an Army Staff Sergeant in Baghdad who wants some fishing magazines, some diet Mountain Dew, and some country music CD's. A really simple request that I can easily fulfilll (if it is legal to mail Mountain Dew, that is. :) ) In any case, I am going to start collecting some of this stuff and mail him a package once a month for a while. Hope it helps him have a touch of home.

By the way, Julie's son, Dennis, recently returned from his Army deployment to Iraq.

I hope we can spread the word about "A Soldier's Wish".

All the best...

Chuc Smith, US Army 1969-1971. Nha Trang, Vietnam, 1970-1971.
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby lovntears » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Jason,

I am in the Army Guard, but recently returned from a 2 year deployment in the reserves before transferring to the guard. I was active before all of this though. I have some friends out at SAFB who work in logistics, and another at the hospital. My wife is active at Human Resources Command here in St. Louis, and visits SAFB for training in her medical job.

Chuc....I will have to look into your show, and if you ever need some assistance with back of house ops, I used to do some work with my friend for the Steve and DC show years ago.

OPSEC prevents divulgence of too much info, but we are heading to Afghanistan in December with two months at Fort Bragg before hand.

Steve
lovntears
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves