TD'er wannabe in Maryland

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

TD'er wannabe in Maryland

Postby Laeka » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 pm

Hey folks!
I've been lurking here for a couple of months now and have to say that you guys are one incredibly talented bunch of people!! I've been trying to decide whether or not to build some sort of small boat for years and then ran in to this site. Way too many choices now. Two young daughters and I live about 25 minutes west of Baltimore in a house I was lucky enough to design and g.c. I thought that would get the building bug out, but it hasn't helped. I'm back in grad school working on a Masters in elementary ed. Not a whole lot of time left in the day, but may have to build a garage just to have a secure place to build the important toys, I mean stuff, or uhm, manly projects. See you all around! Daniel
Laeka
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi Daniel,

You might want to build your tear with the idea of toting your boat on top.

I like the way Sonetpro did his!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:26 pm

:lol: :thinking: Manly projects huh? Pocket your man card you won't need it for this one. What you will need is a camera to keep the bubble oil level.

And Image to the playground.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi Danial, good for you, leaving the ranks of the lurker and joining the ranks of a builder/user. Now. pour that slab, build that garage, buy that trailer frame and get to building that teardrop that the 3 of you can enjoy for many years to come. You're right, there are a lot of talented folks here that have tons of info that you might need. Just ask, take pics, post em and we'll see you at a local gathering someday.
Roly ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Boat rack thoughts

Postby Laeka » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:29 am

Thank you all for the greetings. Mike, the boats I want to build will probably need their own trailer, but that picture gave me some ideas. I see hitch recievers added on to different trailers. Are they sold seperate from hitch assemblies or are people just cutting them off of old units? Thanks, Daniel
Laeka
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Boat rack thoughts

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:21 am

Laeka wrote:Thank you all for the greetings. Mike, the boats I want to build will probably need their own trailer, but that picture gave me some ideas. I see hitch recievers added on to different trailers. Are they sold seperate from hitch assemblies or are people just cutting them off of old units? Thanks, Daniel

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Step-Bumper-Hitch/600002329.jcw?Ns=p_Product.Rating|1&ysmwa=8UOfIloiU46_eAnZ54gI3rUOkyHC02qrxDNrhdHOwRBZ7GsAwcZR0feDsWLqZFtS

yeah and yeah
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves