Hello from N. Colorado

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from N. Colorado

Postby colorider181 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:45 pm

I had been researching this forum for weeks and decided to quickly build a mini toy-hauler/camper (in 4 weeks). I did it on a budget and with little carpentry skills but I think it turned out pretty nice. This forum is to thank - Lots of great information and creative plans, without the attitude and hostility you see on a lot of other sites. Big thanks to everyone!
:applause:

I built a simple box design on a 5.5 x 9 foot frame. This left plenty of room for a queen size bed (a memory foam mattress that we roll up), ATV, shelf for electronics/storage, and floor room for a bulldog and a great pyrenees. It also doubles (triples?) as a mobile dog kennel so the dogs can relax in the shade away from trouble (they always find it) when we camp. We also added an awning to the back door to keep the hot colorado sun out.
We took it to the dunes last weekend and it was great! Warm at night and cool during the day, very comfortable for us and safe for the dogs - I no longer have to convince my girlfriend to go camping, shes more excited than me now- Mission accomplished -
Some pics:
colorider181
Teardrop Inspector

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 pm

That is great. A camper, toy hauler, and dog kennel all in one!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:51 pm

That's pretty cool colorider181...

Oh and welcome to the forum... Now you know, you'll have to add a petkool to your kennel. It's the right thing to do !!! ;) :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Rarin2go » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:16 pm

Multi-purpose, that is really good and quick too!
Living today and planning for tomorrow.
TnT in Tennessee.
Rarin2go
Teardrop Master

Postby Catoosa Grani » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Welcome to our family. You have a nice unit there and I imagine the dogs love it. That is a great idea.

Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby colorider181 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:11 pm

Thanks-
I've been contemplating the PetCool - but from the experience I had in mid-july I don't think Ill need it in Colorado. It is cool in the shade during the day and it seemed to keep pretty warm at night with the 4 of us (2 humans and 2 quadripeds). Of course whats the purpose of having a camper if I don't leave the state!

:thinking:
colorider181
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves