Do you LOVE wet canvas as much as I do?

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Do you LOVE wet canvas as much as I do?

Postby Apache Eagle Camper » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Howdy Howdy,
I say it kinda fast, and it sounds a little like...maybe aaa in the place of o ....OR god knows what. My mom taught me proper english but it just didn't stick:)
Anywho, my better half and I love to camp (not travel trailering), you know, at deer camp sitting in the snow next to a fire at night, reading the latest trashy novels, with a cup of Irish (or is that TEXAN) coffee.
I've been lurking in the shadows for a year or so just soaking in ideas.
We want a rig that is easy to pack and go. The Youngest of our four is 16 and not too terribly interested in our style. The trusty Apache Eagle is a great, tho fair weather friend, time for semi retirement, no need for all the bed space.
We like the Weekender type of trailer, thinking of swing out doors at the rear in lieu of the drop off of the galley (trunk) lid. Some where I saw a beautiful example of this idea, looked kind of like a Cabincar profile, can't seem to find it.
My skills (framing->finish trim+20 years auto electrical) are good for simple stuff, adequate for the complex. So I think the simple lines of a Weekender or a Mini-Hopper would suit for the first attempt. I see a Campmaster in my future, but a Cub would probably be step 2.
This site is one of the best on the 'net, keep up the camaraderie and good advice.
Jim
Damn the Guad's dry, my arms are so tired of paddling that I can't lift my ice chest lid..............
Apache Eagle Camper
Teardrop Inspector

Postby del » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:25 am

Welcome Build what you want, sound like your back ground in wood is a lot more advanced than I, so I believe you can build what you want. Build as simple or complex as you like. Oh Auntie M wants pics.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:29 am

Hey Jim,

Welcome to the forum. Another long time lurker eh? Well, I'm glad you finally surfaced! So you're thinking about one of these, more or less...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Apache Eagle Camper » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:16 am

Yep, Mike that's exactly what we're after. I also want to be able to put my Sunfish atop the camper, so a squarish design works in that regard. Sticking a boat atop a Cub with those beautiful curves would be sacrilegious.
Lets see, Salvaged from dead Cab-overs and Motor-pigs: 2 way light fixtures, wall mounted gas lamp, stove with oven, propane/120v fridge, toilet/black tank, propane furnace, propane water heater, 13,000 Btu Roof top Air, Crank out windows, sky light, copper water and gas tubing. Won't use the rooftop air or Toilet & tank. Those crank out windows are kind of ugly too.
Del, if you built a Roswell, you are really out there in T&TT land, cool!
Time to go fix some Dodge trucks.
Jim
Last edited by Apache Eagle Camper on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damn the Guad's dry, my arms are so tired of paddling that I can't lift my ice chest lid..............
Apache Eagle Camper
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dreadcptflint » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:19 am

Hey welcome aboard. Good choice with the Weekender/Sunfish combo. I look forward to seeing what you do as I really like the camper with the boat combos. 8)
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Image oh dear lurking in the playground! 8) :lol: So you know the :pictures: :pictures: and the Image thing---right? And if you really don't like role out windows I bet someone here would love to take them off your hands. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby planovet » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:30 pm

I HATE wet canvas...that's why I'm building a teardrop! Welcome aboard. :designing:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Rarin2go » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:25 pm

We have the best of both worlds, our beloved teardrop and a pop up for when we can take our grandchildren. The teardrop will be next to Cedar Creek this weekend.
Living today and planning for tomorrow.
TnT in Tennessee.
Rarin2go
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves