So you think you want a tear????

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Re: So you think you want a tear????

Postby working on it » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Train Wreck wrote:... I plan on doing a 20ft long 6ft high teardrop. I just really like the shape.... Is there any other teardrops this size?
How about Vairman's (Greg) SuperTear? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33828 I can personally attest that it's huge, and awesome. On my first trip with the S.Central Group, I had just finished? (they are never really finished) my 4x8 TTT, and was very proud of myself... until I toured the SuperTear. It made my TTT look like what it is...a tiny box on wheels, compared to his rolling home. It's laid out perfectly for camping, and the drop floor is a great feature. I like the SuperTear better than my wife's 20ft Puma, and it is probably better constructed than the factory trailers out there, too.
2013 HHRv a "squareback/squaredrop" 4x8 TTT,
semi-offroad?, at barely under 2000 lbs travel weight
  • 3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube axle, w/brakes
  • 27x8.5-14LT all-terrain tires (x 3)
  • LED lighting, triple fans. Pioneer stereo
  • A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator
  • Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill
  • zinc/stainless steel front racks
working on it
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: So you think you want a tear????

Postby Train Wreck » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm

working on it wrote:
Train Wreck wrote:... I plan on doing a 20ft long 6ft high teardrop. I just really like the shape.... Is there any other teardrops this size?
How about Vairman's (Greg) SuperTear? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33828 I can personally attest that it's huge, and awesome. On my first trip with the S.Central Group, I had just finished? (they are never really finished) my 4x8 TTT, and was very proud of myself... until I toured the SuperTear. It made my TTT look like what it is...a tiny box on wheels, compared to his rolling home. It's laid out perfectly for camping, and the drop floor is a great feature. I like the SuperTear better than my wife's 20ft Puma, and it is probably better constructed than the factory trailers out there, too.
I like it. I'm going for more of a large cabin car ( I think). I like the pointed rear end vs the rounder back. If anyone has any links to super teardrops or standup teardrops I would appreciate. It. I plan on finishing the floor this weekend and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Train Wreck
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves