Re: Newbie near Seattle - I'm back!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Re: Newbie near Seattle

Postby Vedette » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Great Find! :applause:
You just moved light years ahead on your project!!! :thumbsup:
From the picture and the description you will know have a way better platform to build from.
Please keep us posted.
And Welcome from another North Westerner......( just a little further north!)
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Prototear » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:00 am

I finally got some progress going on my build with some welding and started a journal here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=57021 :)
Steve
First Build: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=57021
Prototear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Pinecone » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:16 am

Hey Seattle Newbie - welcome from a fellow Washingtonian! We have the most beautiful state in the nation...and it's great to create for yourself more opportunities to enjoy it and connect with other people!

See that post from Vedette up there? That's Brian and Sandi Woods, I met them just by a weird chance in an RV park's gravel parking lot in Hood River, OR earlier this summer. We both couldn't find a campsite and ended up right next to each other in the parking lot. I consider it a "divine appointment" because they introduced me to tnttt.com where I've found many friends and tons of helpful information. We spent a fun evening together talking about our adventures, though I am a newbie too.

Hey I encourage you to sign up for Teardroppers of Oregon and Washington. http://www.teardroptrailers.org
There is an event coming up Sept 27-29. I was also considering building many months ago, but alas my impatience and lack of skill got the better of me and I found a wicked deal in Spokane on my Pinecone. At any rate, while I was still in the "build" mode...I was openly invited by TOW to come to any/all of the gatherings and meet others AND get building ideas. So I offer that to you for your consideration.

Another cool resource I just found? I new magazine for just us: [url]http://www.cooltears.com[/url
Check it out!

Well, again a warm welcome and we'll see you on the road!

Greg
Longview, WA
G. Pang, NW Tear Jerker
Check out Teardrop Event Videos I put together!
IRG 6.0 2016: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=IRG+6.0
TOW Promo 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxgE7H3CrA&t=11s
Pinecone
Teardrop Master

Postby Prototear » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:15 am

This is my first entry on this forum in about 3 years. I had started a teardrop project and had to put it on hold then had some spurts of build activity and I finally have some momentum! My last build journal entry was in August 2016 about when we bought a neighbor's house and completely renovated it - since there was so much more at stake with that project my teardrop. I got to do some work in 2017 and 2018 but have finally been making steady progress this summer. I focused more on making progress rather than catching up my out-of-date build journal.

I now have enough pictures and notes for a dozen good entries to show what I have done and what challenges have come along the way. When I started this I figured it would take just a few months and now looking back it has been a little over 6 years on this adventure! :shock:
Steve
Prototear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi Prototear
This information is not targeting you specifically, but aimed at others who think they can just build a teardrop cheaper than buying one.
You should have bought that Silver Shadow 8 years ago! :roll:
You have missed out on so much because of that decision. :(
We started Teardrop Camping in 2013 (the year you could have), and since then the people we have met, country we have seen, and the memories
we have made are just "Not Replaceable"..........7 years, over 82,000 miles towed, 15 States & 2 Provinces, 360 nights slept in, and too many
margaritas to list! :wine: What an "Adventure" it has been! :thumbsup:
I too have a Teardrop Build currently underway (past 5 years?? :oops: ) BUT.........it is not a priority, and I work on it when I feel like it; as I always
have "Miss Piggy" ready and waiting for her next opportunity to leave the driveway at a moments notice for another "Adventure" :applause:
So......either finish your teardrop before the 2020 Camping Season begins here in the PNW or go "Buy One" (you can always get your money back by
selling it when yours is finished) and start enjoying Camping again!!!
Time is something you NEVER get back!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Prototear » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:30 am

Hi Brian,

Yes, it probably takes almost everyone much longer to build a teardrop then first expected. In addition to getting a teardrop at the end of the build process, another benefit of building one is the proverbial adventure along the way. In addition to just about any project often taking longer than planned, there are also other influences on a first-time build like taking the time to learn new things and make decisions on what to buy and how to proceed. I sure have learned plenty of skills and also a lot about how to NOT build a teardrop, especially if one had to make these for in a production setting for sale to others.

I have been making progress since my last entries about 14 months ago and took lots of pictures along the way but didn't take the time to make entries here in my build journal. Now that I am actually getting close to the end I have uploaded most of the pictures to my gallery and will be catching up on my journal entries. Stay tuned.....
Steve
Prototear
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves