Welcome newbies, read this please

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Lynne » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:40 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Klondike Texas is approx. 30 miles south east of Paris Texas. About 40 miles sout of the Oklahoma boarder. Clara is my wife. The BOSS.

Right now we are looking at the Midget or the Widget type camper. Due to an injury I have trouble alying down for periods of more than four hours so I need something I can sit up in or semi stand to get dressed. I guess they are not really classified as tear drop trailers either. The teardrop trailers answer our needs except that they are a little low for my use. We like cooking outside.

I wish I could get the plans to the camping cabana to open, it might make a regular teardrop more feasable for us if I could see it.
Lynne
Teardrop Builder

Postby Nachos » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:36 am

Hi everyone, I've been lurking a bit and signed up. I'm in the deisgn stages of teardrop. I love this site... You people have definately got it going on. I hope to join the ranks as a successful builder soon.
Nachos
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ian805 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:02 pm

Thank you already for all your help. I am a job site superintendent, finish carpenter by trade, and came across these wonderful trailers by accident.I have begun collecting materials left over at jobs, and have a large amount of the cabinetry and a large supply of un-milled poplar for structural materials. Im leaning toward a benroy style custom on a h/f chassis for which Im looking forward to a summer 2007 completion, and to meeting some fellow enthusiasts in person at a upcoming california event. thanks again,
Ian
ian805
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Parrothead » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi Everyone, my name is Jamie and my husbands name is Tom. We own a Jeep Wrangler and we're in the market for a small light trailer to camp with. Right now it's just the 2 of us tent camping but I'm getting a little tired of unpacking and repacking a wet tent and sleeping on the wet ground every time we go out. We belong to www.jeepforum.com and usually once a month a group of us get together for a weekend of off-roading. It's a lot of fun but it never fails to rain at least one day we're there.
We haven't totally decided on what model to build yet (we have a few different models in mind) but I've been reading a lot of your posts and getting some great ideas. Everyone here seems to be really nice and helpful I can't wait to make my decision and get started.
Talk to you soon!!

Tom & Jamie

PS: I love the emoticons!! :sneakers:
Parrothead
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:01 pm

Welcome T&J...we just love to see the start of a new addiction(makes us feel vindicated) :D ;) keep on readin'/planning/dreamin' and we will be here to help, just remember we luv pictures around here so be ready to take plenty 'cause that is the charge for more advice than you can use...y'all have fun now, ya heah............
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby not4wrk » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:17 pm

Hi all. My name is Ross & I live on the central coast of California. Just got my trailer to start building an off road style, something like the Desert Dawg. I have been reading & looking at pictures so far lots of help & I haven't even made a cut yet. The trailer was free so my low budget build is off to a get start. :D
not4wrk
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Wright » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:39 am

Parrothead and Not4wrk,

JEEPer's and 4WD, trailers have been done and appear to have worked out beautifully... As I'm the Scheemer and still working out my plans (the never ending saga) for an off road tear, the best I've seen besides Mike's Baja, is Dave's tear it's in the hall of fame and here.... http://td.roughwheelers.com/ Great pic's of some nice off road trips there...

Best of luck in your builds and (trying to steal MadJacks thunder) WE LUV DA PIC'S!!!
:BE Wright

SEMPER FI
Wright
*teardrop schemer

Postby madjack » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:23 pm

...now that we have a "newbies" section, I have moved this thread over from "notices"...I encourage all newbies to introduce themselves in their own thread, so we don't loose ya in someone else's thread...and don't forget the pics :D ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves