Hello from the uk

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from the uk

Postby daveuk » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:16 am

Hi everybody I'm David living in Norfolk England.
I have often looked at your forum I am a member of a very good UK forum but sadly activity a has slowed to the point that it will close.
Hope you don't mind me jumping ship and joining you.
A few years ago I went on a evening bricklaying course and built a workshop in my garden. I have already started building my teardrop. I have done metalwork but not a lot of woodwork so this is a steep learning curve for me which slows my progress.
It's going to be a 10x5ft roughly Grumman shape clad with fibreglass sheets which I have made myself. Plan is a 4week tour in Europe down to Italy when it's done, as well as camping in the UK .Scotland can be very wet and windy so sitting out the weather there would be better in a teardrop than a tent.
When I have found out how to post pictures on here will start a build journal. Be patient computers are my worst skills,be lost without the wife's help.
Best regards Daivd
daveuk
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from the uk

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Welcome to the madness, the price is we want you to share your world with us.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby pchast » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:57 pm

Welcome... :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mallymal » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Hi daveuk, from a long time lurking fellow uk member.

I hope to build my tear when I've got the time, when I retire... Couple of years yet.

I'm intrigued you've made your own fibreglass sheet.... When I was a kid, me and me dad did exactly the same, but to build a boat.

Keep us up to date and don't forget the piccies ;) :pictures:
mallymal
The 300 Club

Postby es009d7705 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi David Evan here from sunny Scotland,
welcome to the forum it has every thing you will ever need in the way of information.
i built mine using 10 x 5 sheets for the sides and 10 x 4 for the base. About half of it is recycled materials and I learned a few new skills in the process you can see it if you click onto my photos. A bit of advice before coming to Scotland get yourself a ww2 Anderson shelter and stick some wheels on it and you might just manage to protect yourself from our dreaded midge, I have seen them drain a whole person in 20 mins. Honest LOL. Good luck with the build.
es009d7705
Teardrop Advisor

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi David... Welcome to the Forum and to the world of Tiny Trailers... :shake hands:
Evan was right, you should be able to find just about everything you will ever need in the way of information on this Forum... :thumbsup:
You sound like you are determined to learn and should be able to complete your build in fine colors... Good luck and remember, there are no dumb questions... :applause: :applause: :pictures:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves