1968 Shasta Compact Travel Trailer

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

1968 Shasta Compact Travel Trailer

Postby Splescia » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:31 pm

I am working on purchasing a 1968 Shasta Compact Trailer that has been in the same family since new. I am getting it for the stellar price of $500!
It is in pretty good condition, everything works, needs a little cosmetic work but nothing big like major leaks or rust. Missing the wings as far as I can tell unless they have
them stored away. I am super excited. Son is going to look at it today to verify everything is good to go. Any advice for this vintage trailer newbee would be appreciated!!
Splescia
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 1968 Shasta Compact Travel Trailer

Postby Redneck Teepee » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Splescia wrote:I am working on purchasing a 1968 Shasta Compact Trailer that has been in the same family since new. I am getting it for the stellar price of $500!
Any advice for this vintage trailer newbee would be appreciated!!

My advice: Sell it to me for 100% Profit :lol: :lol: :lol

Welcome aboard Splescia! Sounds like you got a hell of a deal there. There is no shortage of knowledge on this site or good advice (except maybe mine).
When the need and particular task at hand arises the questions will be answered I'm sure.

Again welcome aboard. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby dogscats » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Remember pictures pictures pictures OH yes pictures . :pictures: It will be hard to go wrong at that price.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS
dogscats
Donating Member

Postby Splescia » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:55 pm

I admit it...I'm old and the Shasta was fun to camp in but I need more comfort, more floor room for my five tiny little rescues when I travel. Sold my Shasta yesterday to a great guy and his wife who will take her fishing and camping. I had some work done to it, exterior paint, interior was torn out, new paneling, cabinets and drawers. I sold it for a very small profit but she went to a good home. I had named her after my Mom, Lil' Margie. My mom loved loved loved fishing so the fact that I sold her to a fisherman would make her super happy. I did get to take the Shasta to southern Arizona and enjoyed the monsoon storms from the coziness of the trailer. It was wonderful!

Now on to my new adventure. I can't make up my mind what I am going to do, but I need to decide by the end of the year. Converted cargo trailer or stealth van. Vans, even the extended ones may not have enough floor space for my dogs. And I would need a tiny trailer to haul my business stuff in. I need to have something big enough so when I hook up at a family or friend's house, I can leave the dogs in the safely and securely, keeping them warm or cool, whichever the case may be with a fan/portable a/c unit or a ceramic heater.

Transit 250 used with about 20,000 miles.........about $18,000. Hard to find but they are out there. Would be nice to travel with the dogs comfy and in my eyesight. I have a Yukon XL which is HUGE and they rest comfortably there during travel, but I want more. Priced a 2017 Wells Cargo Vnose trailer with insulation in the walls and ceiling, elecrical inside and out, lighting, extra battery installed outside, mounted spare tire with cover, 2 windows with sliding glass, one on each side of the trailer, rv style curbside door, double rear doors, vent fan in ceiling, race checker awning, stabilization jacks............all I need is a bed, chair and table to do my arts and crafts on, a little storage cabinet space, room for a portable fridge or icebox, kennels and a porta potty. I have portable fencing for my dogs when we camp. I don't need a kitchen...camp stoves are where it's at and I hate to cook! Any suggestions on keeping it as light as possible yet have everything I need would be helpful.
Splescia
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves