hi from me

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

hi from me

Postby happyguy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:14 am

hiya peepz, thanks for the join, just picked up a decent 8 x 4 trailer , now just need to decide on 1 a teardrop or 2 mini gypsy caravan ,has anyone built the gypsy van in small scale?

regards john
happyguy
Teardrop Inspector

Re: hi from me

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:17 am

Hi John, welcome to the board. I think you missed the intro as suggested in the Newbies section. When you start posting, introduce yourself first and tell us a little about yourself and what you ultimately intend to do...you wouldn't walk up to a group of strangers and start asking who/what/when/where and demanding answers...that would be rude and would be considered the same here. So fire away, I'm anxious to know you. We are really a friendly bunch, but also curious about what your plans are.
:thinking: Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby happyguy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:54 am

hi again peepz, il try again, im a self employed builder, living un uk
I have been looking at the idea of building a teardrop caravan for way to long now, most of my building work is bespoke carpentry for clients all over southcoast
my main reason for a small towable retreat is because I do a lot of pest control at various locations,, farms ,equestrians etc etc and im wanting somewhere to have a few naps,
I have just brought a trailer and stripped it back to bare , BUT instead of a tear drop caravan I have decided as most of my work is wood that a micro gypsy caravan would be better suited for both my skills with timber and also the places it will be used
once I work out how to put pics up on here , il post the work as I go , been looking through some of the creations on here and most impressed with the effort and knowledge available should I need answers to any problems I come across during this build
kind regards to one and all john
happyguy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:21 am

Thanks for the info, John. It looks like you have the right idea about what you plan to build. I am looking forward to seeing your planned small scale Gypsy Wagon. Your ideas seem to be all planned out and you have the skills to make it happen. Good luck.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby nhstt » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:51 am

Hi John,
How's the build going?
I'll be starting a Vardo soon. Gathering info and materials now!
I started with a tear but my significant other says- : after 2 years it's just a little toooooo small. :oops:
So on to build # 2.
Ours will be a mini also due our 2005 Forester wagon :?
Karen and the Brooks Bunch
nhstt
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves