New guy from Newnan, Ga

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy from Newnan, Ga

Postby Motorwinder » Wed May 04, 2016 12:12 pm

I've been searching the forum for a few weeks now. Its been a great source of knowledge for my upcoming project! I'm currently in the process of selling my home, but hope to get started soon at my dad's shop on a ttt. I originally planned to build a td, but the idea of a standie with a recessed floor has made me decide to go into a different direction. I'm looking to use the wanderer 10 plans as my starting point. However, I'm building my own trailer frame instead. I plan to use a 2000 lbs axle that's 48" from spring to spring. Also, I want to narrow the width of the trailer from 78" down to 60" but lengthen it to 132". So the bed would be front to back rather than side to side. I'm not so interested in having so much overhang on a narrow axle. I already have the axle, and I want to keep the trailer as close to the same footprint as the tow vehicle which is a Nissan xterra. I hope to have some photos as I begin to move forward.
Motorwinder
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New guy from Newnan, Ga

Postby bobhenry » Thu May 05, 2016 7:15 am

I have a great starting point for a duplex :rofl2:

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby m.colley » Fri May 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Welcome. I'm just down the road from you in Columbus. Good luck with your build.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby Motorwinder » Mon May 09, 2016 9:12 am

Thanks, I appreciate that Martin. For the most part, this forum has been a great resource for learning.

Curtis
Motorwinder
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves