Kentucky Newb

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Kentucky Newb

Postby Largest Al » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Born, raised and live in Central Kentucky. I grew up camping with the folks. Went from a 14' Shasta, to a 20 something foot Chateau, to a forgotten name trailer, to a 30' motor home. Got married, twice, bought a 32' motorhome along the way. Moved. No RV parking allowed. Sold RV. Fast forward 7 years and I gotta get back into it. By building a TD (or similar), it can peacefully exist behind, and below, the fence line of my back yard. Neighbors don't have any problems, so all is good.

Decent skills in woodworking, electrical, plumbing and mechanicals. Learning to weld better each time.

Planning on making this a fun adventure in construction and use. I will incorporate a few non-traditional items as well, pictures will be taken along the way.

Smart-aleck comments will not only be appreciated, but will be graded.

Time to get started!
Largest Al
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Kentucky Newb

Postby ParTaxer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:13 am

good luck with your build and don't forget to check with the Bluegrass chapter under tearjerkers.net for gathering information .
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Re: Kentucky Newb

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:00 am

The Hoosier group will be down near the KY line in a few weeks.......viewtopic.php?f=1&p=1174721#p1174721

If you are up for a road trip, the pitch in dinner is Sat evening! You are most welcome. Stop up look around and take some peaks at other tiny trailers.

Look me up and I will even loan you a plate and a fork !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves