Newb from CO with a plan to see the US

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newb from CO with a plan to see the US

Postby DaBearSox » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:32 pm

Hello all!

Been lurking for a few weeks and going to start getting ready to build so time to join the community! Long story short it's time for me to see the US. I have saved up $1500 thus far for the trailer build and think I have enough to start. My plan is to start the build and hopefully be complete by February or March of next year. Where I then plan to take a 6 month road trip across the United States! The excitement has just hit me and I have a lot of planning to do. I am leaning towards doing a pretty standard weekender build. With a couple of bells and whistles. I have had minimal woodworking experience but tend to be pretty handy. Have built a couple pergolas and tall hop arbors for the yard. Think I can handle it with this board's help!

I also plan to blog my whole experience from start to trip finish. Will be pulling behind a Mazda 3 2.5 and now to decide on the HF 4x8 or the NT 5x8. Here we go!
DaBearSox
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Newb from CO with a plan to see the US

Postby DaBearSox » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:55 pm

I've also found this near by and wonder if it would be better to start where he left off or start from scratch...

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5632534029.html

here is his build journal on here

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=57835
DaBearSox
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rick Tyler » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:08 pm

DaBearSox wrote:I've also found this near by and wonder if it would be better to start where he left off or start from scratch...

Did you go for this? I'm late to the thread, but a trailer built by someone who is concerned that his trailer frame is a 32nd off square is probably going to be well-made.
Rick Tyler
Teardrop Builder

Postby DaBearSox » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:41 am

Unfortunately it sold before I could go look at it. Oh well, start from the beginning then.
DaBearSox
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves