Newbie from Texas, starting the angular soon

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Jfox1095 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:15 am

Hey guys,
I'm a young guy, and I'm about to start my first build. The first trip I plan on taking with it will be in September up to BC, Canada. I've already started designing, and plan on starting to buy materials very soon. I chose to go with an angular design over a straditional curve because I find them slightly more appealing as I drive an old jeep(boxy by design), which I plan on pulling it with. My plan is to build on a 4'x8' base, and have the entire build insulated(floor, walls, and ceiling). I've attached a quick pick of my plans. If you have any comments, or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Especially concerning the hatch.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (913.95 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Jfox1095
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from Texas, starting the angular soon

Postby greygoos » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Good luck with the build
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby p moore » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:16 pm

I like that. Can't wait to see it develop. Oh, and welcome.

Paul
p moore
Teardrop Inspector

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:31 am

Hi Jfox1095,
Welcome to the Forum... I like your basic idea and am watching to see it come together... :pictures:

Hey BTW, Sept. is just around the corner, were you talking about Sept., 2016... That's awful tight schedule... :NC

Good luck and keep us posted... :pictures: :pictures: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Postby bc toys » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:35 am

welcome to site let us know a little about you like name, where you from Tx is big and there are many trailers all over that state If you can go look at some at a gathering everyone is willing to tell you how they did things to their trailers
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Jfox1095 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Started on the build today. Bought a 48x96(which actually measures 48 3/8" x 96 1/8") folding trailer form harbor freight.

I started by taking the two halves of each side, grinding he paint off and welding them together.

After which I cleaned up the welds and repainted.

After it was simply just bolting the trailer together per the instructions. Minus a few pieces of hardware that are no longer usable since it no longer folds.

Monday I plan on getting it registered and using it to start collecting materials.
Jfox1095
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lrrowe » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:51 am

Does anyone know why on posts such as above, why the printed section is so small and the photos are so big...at least for me? The print is so small, I cannot read it and therefore pass on what might be a great thread.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Jfox1095 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:06 am

Finally got my build going today. Got my floor and the start for the walls framed out. Meant to take more pics but realized after I stopped that I forgot to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jfox1095
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jfox1095 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:13 am

Writing up what I did last night.

Started with 2 sheets of 1/2 plywood, and 3 12' 2x4s. First I laid out my base board of plywood and drilled my holes to match the ones on the trailer. After that I framed the outside of the board with the 2x4 leaving myself enough overhang to set my walls on. Then I secured and drilled the holes through my 2x4s. Using 3/8" bolts and t-nuts(that way I don't have to worry about backing up a nut) I secured the base to the trailer. After that I cut out the foamboard insulation I bought to fit the base, and used the other 1/2" plywood board to close everything up.

Once I get the walls, doors, window, and vents up, then I plan to seal everything with fasco 110 epoxy. It's an epoxy with a consistency very similar to Vaseline. Once that seals and cures I plan to paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jfox1095
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves