Newbie from Everett WA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Everett WA

Postby One9Sixty7Ford » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi everyone,
Just saying hey because I am looking forward to building a teardrop in the next year or so. I am basically going to make a knockoff of the Vistabule because I think the design is fairly simple and works with what the wife and I want.

I recently rented a teardrop for a 4 night trip to salmon la sac campground and found it to be a great experience.

I have basic wood working and manufacturing experience, and electrical. The cabinetry might take a bump in skill level as well as finishing it and making it look good, but I think I can handle it.

Looking for a place that sells a decent 5x10 trailer in the area if anyone knows good custom shop that would be good to know.
I am sure I will have a ton of questions, but I will try to look through the forums before asking!

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
One9Sixty7Ford
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from Everett WA

Postby Vedette » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:53 pm

Welcome to the Forum!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:14 am

Hi One9Sixty7Ford,
Welcome to the forum... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Other than the new normal trailer frame buys, like Northern Tool, Harbor Freight, I would consider looking around for trailer frame builders in the area. Here in Central Minnesota, there are a number of small shops building and selling open cargo/trash style trailers. There is one about 15 minutes from me that builds aluminum trailers and will sell just the frames, and does custom builds; I really like the aluminum frames and they are not too much more expensive than a quality built steel frame.
:thinking:

I am a research guy and if one searches around, I am sure they can come up with a quality built frame... Good luck on your build and keep us in the loop...
:pictures: :applause:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Postby Prototear » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:22 am

Hi,
I work in Everett/Mukilteo and am building a trailer at home a few miles to the south. I had been looking for someone to build a frame for me until I found one that had been started and I bought it rather than having my own made for me. I was leaning toward a fabricator in Portland or one other on Whidbey Island. I'll have to dig into my notes (from 2013) to find the details. I wasn't finding anyone to do it in Snohomish County but had some leads that I started to pursue but stopped. I ended up modifying my trailer frame quite a bit so in hindsight I might have been better off getting a frame made so I could get on with the other work that is not so challenging - I found working with metal to go so much slower than working with wood.

Good luck.
Steve
First Build: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=57021
Prototear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:49 am

The Chassis for a teardrop trailer is so easy to build, I just wish you we were not on opposite sides of the border from each other.
I would build you one.
The hassle would be registering it.
But, there must be a ton of Street Rod shops or fabrication shops in your area that could knock one out for you in less than a day. :thinking:
I am off to Yakima in a couple of days and will ask around for you.
Unless you want to find a yard waste trailer for $50.00, register it, strap some camping gear on it, pre plan a weekend to come up to the Farm for a stay, build a new chassis, leave the old one here, and take the new one back in its place????? ;)
More than one way to skin a cat. :twisted:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves