New Builder from St Petersburg, FL

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New Builder from St Petersburg, FL

Postby toconnor602 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have been browsing in the shadows for sometime and have now just started planning my trailer build. I am going with the Big Woody Camper design. I ordered their plans, but have plans to add to it as well. I noticed in the "Newbie Read This" Thread there was mention of a Links tab that had source of supplier information. I was wondering if this is still around as I am gathering dimensions and products I will want to incorporate into the design. Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

I will be sure to post some pictures as I get going. I'm 35 now, so hopefully I will have the trailer complete and enjoy it by the time I am ready to retire...haha

Terrence
toconnor602
Teardrop Advisor

Re: New Builder from St Petersburg, FL

Postby cubbyboy57 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Welcome! Not sure what link you are referring to, but some of the older links are broken. Most of the information can still be found by doing a search for the specific item you are interested in. Seems over time some materials and techniques have changed/improved. Seems like there are still quite a few that will answer questions as well.

james
cubbyboy57
Lifetime member

Postby Alan_H » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:04 am

Hi from a fellow Floridian! :applause:

I'm up near Leesburg and still gathering parts for my first build. There are plenty of resources here, but I think what you might be referring to is the section on "Essential information about building Teardrops"... here http://www.tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=38

There are several other good sections, for example the Sketchup design section, which is the program I'm using to design my TD. I'm on at least my 20th revision, as I can't seem to get to a place I 100% like on the design, so just gathering the bits and pieces until I finalize and dive in to the build.

Alan
Alan_H
Lifetime member

Postby daveesl77 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:30 am

Alan, where about near Leesburg are you? We live in Fruitland Park. Feel free to contact or come by.

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Postby toconnor602 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm going to get my trailer on the 12th and start building :shock: I will make sure to keep taking pictures and hopefully meet up with some of my fellow Floridians!
toconnor602
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Alan_H » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:59 am

daveesl77 wrote:Alan, where about near Leesburg are you? We live in Fruitland Park. Feel free to contact or come by.

dave

I'm south of Leesburg, near Lakeridge Winery.
Alan_H
Lifetime member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:24 am

Welcome Terrence! I'm in Brandon. Don't have my Teardrop anymore but I've got a 1977 Scotty. Hope to see you and others around a campfire! :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby kayakdlk » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Click on "Design Resources" at the top and and then select "Riches list". It has several suppliers, some are outdated but a good start point.

Dan
kayakdlk
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves