New from New Zealand.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New from New Zealand.

Postby Flatworm » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi.

Nigel from Hamilton, New Zealand here. My partner, Claire, and I have a home built teardrop that we bought a couple of years ago. We are complete TD converts, but now that we know what we want, the plan is to sell her and build a new one. Main use is as a place to sleep when we are away fly fishing.

Sometimes the kids come on trips but they are mostly happy sleeping in hammocks so camper is for the two of us.

We have simple needs except that I'd like to get a self containment sticker. To get this we have to meet a few requirements, all of which are simple except that we need to have a toilet that "is readily usable within the motor caravan including sufficient head and elbow room at all times, even with the bed made up".

Obviously this is a challenge with a conventional small teardrop but I have a few potential solutions in mind. - and we are not committed to "conventional" anyway. We just want something that is simple to build, easily towable by a 2l diesel 4wd and comfortable to sleep in.

Anyway, glad to be here. There seems to be a lot of good, interesting and helpful people and a heap of ideas.

Nigel
Flatworm
Teardrop Advisor

Re: New from New Zealand.

Postby Junkboy999 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:57 am

Hey and welcome

If you got the room. keep the first TD until you finish your new one. That way you not with out a tear :)
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves