New guy from NW Ohio

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy from NW Ohio

Postby ckelly78z » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:01 am

My name is Chris, i'm 51 years old. I'm new to this forum, but have been camping in one form or another for the last 50 years. I currently am pulling a 30' fully appointed dutchmen travel trailer, with my 99 powerstroke F-250. I think it would be alot of fun to downsize a bit for longer trips.

I would like to tour the Western United States, and eventually head to Alaska for a few months after I retire. With just the wife and I now (empty nest), I would like to get a 4x4 F150 with a color matching cap on the long bed. My plans are to have flip up glass side windows, with screens underneath for a crossbreeze while sleeping. I would build a sleeping platform with hinged cabinet doors underneath.

I would also pull a 6'x12' cargo trailer with a drop gate so I could park both enduro dirt bikes inside, and a couple of kayaks overhead. I would also have a fold out kitchenette with a sink, 30 gal storage tank, propane for a cooktop or grill, We would have our pantry and most of the supplies in built in cabinets, and room for lawn chairs or other stuff, and a 12' roll up awning off the passenger side of the trailer for shade. We could leave the trailer in a campgound as a base camp and explore from there on the dirtbikes, or the truck.
ckelly78z
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New guy from NW Ohio

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi Chris... Welcome to the Forum and soon to the world of smaller trailers... :thumbsup:

My first trailer was a 6x10 cargo conversion (I still have it ... for a little while anyway) and my wife (the Boss) decided we needed something more comfortable, inside toilet, and a niceties... :D So last year, we picked up a 19-1/2 foot FF Toy Hauler that has worked for us (more pics on the FunFinder Forum) http://www.funfinderclub.com/forums/mem ... ums19.html

Not sure of your intent... Convert a cargo as suggested, build from scratch, or buy, but a smaller trailer is fantastic and of course, these decisions can only be made by you and your boss...
:lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good luck to you and keep us in the loop... :pictures: :pictures: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Re: New guy from NW Ohio

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Welcome from a fellow Buckeye (west of Toledo)
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves