New guy from L.A (Lower Arkansas )

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy from L.A (Lower Arkansas )

Postby stanger1944 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 am

Fairly new hear, I have been lurking and have posted a time or two. I will be building a more square teardrop as I am not really sure about measuring and drawing the appropriate elliptical for it. Are ther any others hear from Arkansas? More specifically south Arkansas. Glad to be here and learning already.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
stanger1944
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New guy from L.A (Lower Arkansas )

Postby razorback » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:46 am

Welcome to the madness. You can contact Jeff (Mechmagcn, is his forum name). He lives in Moro Bay and is the maintenance director at Moro Bay State Park.
He has serious skills and a cool teardrop. I live in North Little Rock but grew up in El Do. Graduated in '69. You need to plan on making the October gathering of Mad Jacks Birthday bash. Formally called LCG at the end of October.
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby stanger1944 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:12 pm

razorback wrote:Welcome to the madness. You can contact Jeff (Mechmagcn, is his forum name). He lives in Moro Bay and is the maintenance director at Moro Bay State Park.
He has serious skills and a cool teardrop. I live in North Little Rock but grew up in El Do. Graduated in '69. You need to plan on making the October gathering of Mad Jacks Birthday bash. Formally called LCG at the end of October.
Larry

I am in Magnolia, so just down the road from your stomping grounds.
stanger1944
Teardrop Inspector

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi stanger1944, welcome to the Forum from Central MN... :applause: :applause:

Take a look at the top of the page at DESIGN RESOURCES and there are several TD plans showing each curve radius; this will allow you simply draw the trailer curves with a trammel or simply a yardstick & pencil or string & pencil. And remember, the curves are usually a personal and aesthetic design issue ... you can lay these out to any design and shape you like. First, layout the the curves and outline on a template... after the template is cut, simply flip it for the left or right sides.

Good luck and keep us posted... :pictures: :pictures:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves