Starting with a Foamie!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Starting with a Foamie!

Postby SagetheWanderer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi everybody! I go by Sage and I am ridiculously happy I finally found such a huge group of tnttt fanatics! (Great acronym by the way.)

I have been a fan of teardrops for about 15 years and finally after all this time have the expendable income to make my own. A few years back
I found an instructable that detailed how to make a teardrop out of pink insulation foam and I was enamored with this idea. I don't have a truck
so I figured an ultra light teardrop would be the best for me. The only thing was the instructable never was finished and I never know if the OP
had any luck.

Flash forward to now, I finally on a random chance found these forums (no clue how I missed this in my googling all this time). A bit of digging
got me up to speed with what foamies are and now I am with cash and inspiration! I never would have guessed poor man's insulation was the
last thing I needed to realize my dream of a light teardrop, and not only that but you guys have already had success with them!

So I'm going to ask a ton of questions bc you guys have literally hundreds of pages discussing the ins and outs of everything and I only have
so much time to read it all. Hope I don't drive you guys nuts with all the questions!

Nice to meet you all,

Sagethewanderer!

ps. I'm gonna paint it like a Tardis for any Doctor Who fans!
SagetheWanderer
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Starting with a Foamie!

Postby KennethW » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:52 pm

ask away! what size and shape are you considering to build. My foamie has over 10,000 miles on it and alot of those mile are at freeway+ speeds :thumbsup:
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:52 pm

Welcome to the Forum Sage!! :applause:
Good luck on building your trailer and I always liked the idea of a foamy... Keep us up to speed on your build... :pictures: :pictures: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What part of the globe do you hail from?? :) :)
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Postby Ned B » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:24 am

Welcome Sage! I'll 'date' myself & wonder if you'll have any jelly babies handy, or if you wear a long brownish scarf. I hope you've found the foamie subforum & started reading the big thread there. Good luck with your build!

Ned
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves