New-ish

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New-ish

Postby LessPaul » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:46 am

Hello!

I created an account here a while back and then after reading some good advise quickly decided that I was barking up the wrong tree with the ideas/goals for a trailer. So after a bit more mulling and a few life changes I am back.

One thing that has changed (other than now having a dog to travel with us) is that I am no longer hell-bent on being able to haul my trailer with a subcompact. I currently have an aging Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix/re-bodied Corolla) and am hanging on to it until I make a camper decision -- then buying a suitable vehicle for towing.

I might still be wishful thinking, but what I am currently thinking is a trailer with toilet and shower (Mrs says this is a must), can be towed in dining configuration (so we can eat in trailer with dog as needed). So now off to see what folks have done...

Paul
LessPaul
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New-ish

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:36 pm

I pull with a Corolla sedan you do have to watch the shock/struts after pulling from 2007 to 2014 3 states and thousands of miles. It pulls a little low in the back and scraps when pulling up steep driveways. But this may be the trailer you are looking for.... called the boxcar.
125566 it pushes up in the back they have a shower and jon on board.

He pulls this with a large truck, I think you can pull with a small suv or import pickup. I would pull with my toyota truck but my wife can not drive stick. Anyway you could come up with one a little smaller and still have the Stand up. many of us use a shower tent for both. I have always had dreams of adding the shower and jon to the bed of the truck so even when I am with out the trailer I would have my own private jon. or you could have a camper on a truck and the trailer become you log cabin in the woods.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: New-ish

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the Forum 'again'... :thumbsup: :D :)
The reason I went with a larger trailer was for the same reasons... The boss wanted a real bathroom... I kept my Cargo Conversion though... :thumbsup: And am planning a couple cold weather trips in the CC... :twisted: :twisted:
Good luck with whatever your choice and keep us posted... :pictures: :pictures:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves