Hello from Michigan!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Michigan!

Postby Bacchus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:52 am

Hello everyone!

I've been looking into teardrops for a while now. I love building and I think this would be a really fun project!

I am an engineer in Michigan, recently graduated college and newly married. I think I have almost convinced my wife that I should build a teardrop. She is mostly worried about the amount of time it is going to take me and that will mean time not spent with her.

I'm still doing a bunch of research here and this forum has been really great. I am think about building on a 5x8 NT trailer. I'd design a variant close to a Benroy I think although I'm still trying to learn as much as I can.

Bacchus
Bacchus
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Michigan!

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:42 am

From personal experience get her involved in the planning and construction. Our tear was built for us but my wife was u=involved in planing the galley and cabin. We are 4 10ths of a mile south of the Michigan border.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Re: Hello from Michigan!

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Bacchus wrote:Hello everyone!

I've been looking into teardrops for a while now. I love building and I think this would be a really fun project!

I am an engineer in Michigan, recently graduated college and newly married. I think I have almost convinced my wife that I should build a teardrop. She is mostly worried about the amount of time it is going to take me and that will mean time not spent with her.

I'm still doing a bunch of research here and this forum has been really great. I am think about building on a 5x8 NT trailer. I'd design a variant close to a Benroy I think although I'm still trying to learn as much as I can.

Bacchus

Welcome to the Forum Bacchus... :thumbsup:
I agree with Shadow catcher... Goodness gracious let her be part of the design, build, and decorating!!! Have fun together during the build and when camping...
:applause: :applause:

Good luck from a not too far-away neighbor in MN... 8) 8)
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves