Mark from Ohio

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Mark from Ohio

Postby clip » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:40 am

We are in NW Ohio about a doublehaul from the Mi border. I'm getting ready to start my tear as a winter project, feels like I have have built it in my mind several times so its time to get started for real, the questions will start soon.
The tentative plan is a 5 by 9 suitable for offroad to get to where the fish and birds are, glad to find a group that doesn't ask "Why don't you just buy one"
Mark
clip
Teardrop Builder

Re: Mark from Ohio

Postby jondbar628 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:15 am

Welcome aboard Mark. You'll find more info than one person can ever use here, and plenty of advice and suggestions for your individual build, should you choose to share that experience. I suggest you pick topics that are #1, pertinent to your build, and #2 just interest you, whether you believe it is pertinent or not. You will find things and read ideas or experiences that will cause you some second thoughts on your plans. This is a good thing. There are mentors aplenty here, and 99.9% of them speak with first-hand knowledge. I can personally vouch that this forum has saved me from making several costly errors during my half-done build.
If you choose to share your build (which I haven't, so far), these folks love jump on the bandwagon and give you encouragement and all the help you ask for. After mostly lurking, with a few posts thrown in here and there for almost 3 years now, I can tell you following a new build through the process is kind of addictive, really............ Have a great build and enjoy the ride.........Doug G.........Former Buckeye now residing mostly in FL
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby Tomterrific » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:25 pm

My family is mostly from Cridersville but I went to school in Wapakoneta. Now I live in Columbus. I built cheap, light weight and useful.
T
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Welcome Mark, we are in Metamora.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby clip » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:42 am

Shadow Catcher wrote:Welcome Mark, we are in Metamora.

I know the village well grew up sitting on my grandparents front porch, we'll have to meet up at Joe's some time.

We are probably related some how anyway :lol:
clip
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves