Hello from Northern California

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Northern California

Postby Rubyredapple » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:20 pm

I am very interested in building a Foamie TD. I want to keep things as simple as possible since I don't have too much experience with things like woodworking or electrical issues. I'm hoping to take some time and come up with a good "plan of attack" this winter and start my build in the spring. I would like to build a basic trailer with a simple galley kitchen in back. The amount of information on this site is AMAZING and a little intimidating, but I am working my way through it all. :shock:
Rubyredapple
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Northern California

Postby Redneck Teepee » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:21 pm

Welcome aboard Rubyred, what part of Kalifornia are you in? I'm close to Modesto. :thumbsup:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby Rubyredapple » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi Redneck Teepee! I'm located in Grass Valley. We're kind of in between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. Nice to meet another Californian on here. :D
Rubyredapple
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:15 pm

I suspect you'll do fine with a foamie, Rubyred. Although my build is plywood, I read the foamie threads a lot. The people in the foamie section are down to earth, very helpful and really, really nice people. If I were building another, I would seriously consider foam. Be sure to go check out a few trailers before you build. You'll pick up lots of ideas and have a blast with the people. I think the next one that is close to you might be the one east of Chico on the Feather River. That one is listed in the Jefferson State section, here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=66004
It might be close enough for you to make a day trip. Welcome to the teardrop and tiny travel trailer neighborhood!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Wolfsong39 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Rubyredapple wrote:Hi Redneck Teepee! I'm located in Grass Valley. We're kind of in between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. Nice to meet another Californian on here. :D

My fondest childhood memories come form the time spent in Grass Valley! Family had property out in the Red Dog / You Bet area.
Wolfsong39
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ColoradoCody » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:41 am

Welcome! I'm a newbie as well and am doing a ply build so I won't be much help.
NorCal is my favorite state outside of Colorado. I love the Tahoe area and the Trinity/Shasta areas. Spent a lot of time driving all of NorCal for an old job. I wish I could teleport my (future) teardrop out there and travel NorCal. Maybe Someday!

Good luck with the Foamie and keep us updated!

Here's my fav pic/timelapse of a Shasta hike I did earlier this year :pictures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZheYfuksaw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sZheYfuksaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Photos by day, photos by night. Bring on the stars!
ColoradoCody
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 am

Welcome aboard, RubyRed. First, glue and tape together a scale model of your proposed teardrop, (one inch = one foot) out of cereal box cardboard. Then realizing changes you may make, build another one. Much easier than re-doing the actual project. Good luck.
Roly, So Cal woody TD guy
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby ColoradoCody » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:54 am

Roly Nelson wrote:Welcome aboard, RubyRed. First, glue and tape together a scale model of your proposed teardrop, (one inch = one foot) out of cereal box cardboard. Then realizing changes you may make, build another one. Much easier than re-doing the actual project. Good luck.
Roly, So Cal woody TD guy

Love this Idea. Wish I would have done that. Maybe I'll do that for the interior since I haven't started that part yet. Thanks for the tip :applause:
Photos by day, photos by night. Bring on the stars!
ColoradoCody
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves