Another Pacific Northwesterner

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Another Pacific Northwesterner

Postby Jeepers » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi Gang,

Thought I would pop in and say hi and see if I could learn for a while.

I’m not sure if a Teardrop trailer is for me but I am looking for information or options. It definitely has to be lightweight and smaller and it has to have a “heater”.

I’m a fall, large game hunter in the Yakima Mountains and currently sleep in a trailer with four other guys. I have done this for a number of years, they are great guys but, it’s time for my own place.

My tow vehicle is a standard wheel base Jeep Wrangler and it has a tow rating of 2000 pounds. That alone limits my choices as all the gear that is required adds up pretty quick.

Are there any other hunters/campers here that spend time in the mountains during the fall weather that could share with me what they are using?
Jeepers
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Another Pacific Northwesterner

Postby clip » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:14 pm

I think your in the right place, my build is being designed around getting to where the trout and pheasants are and being off grid as much as possible, but also making it as easy on my aging body as possible.The off-road section has helped me with design features check out YouTube for mobley, Oregon trailer, TC teardrops, triad.... Lots of cool ideas.
A queen size bed to yourself, heats an easy feature to add I thought my list of "must haves" was impossible to incorporate in one unit its amazing what you can do with some thought and planning and help from the people here.
MS
clip
Teardrop Builder

Re: Another Pacific Northwesterner

Postby Vedette » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:04 am

TD's and hunting in the back country are a match made in heaven! :thumbsup:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912