Southeast Idaho New Guy

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Southeast Idaho New Guy

Postby Xanthoman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:33 am

I am new to the scene in Southeast Idaho (Rexburg, to be exact). Is anyone nearby? I would love to see a teardrop in person before I finalize my design of one, but if not I suppose I will just have to go by suggestions off here.

I am a Mechanical Engineer major in my junior year of school. I was a custom home builder for 8 years previous to this. I specialize in hydronic heat systems, in-floor heat,SIPS, ICF structures, as well as trim. In engineering I specialize in carbon fiber and composites. I am a member of SAMPE. I have interest in lightweight, superior construction systems of manufacturing and design.

I have a wife and two year old daughter.

Glad to be here. I have an initial design I want to get suggestions on but I will make better sketches before I post them. I am making a miniature foam model soon to get proportions realized a bit better.

~Xanthoman~
Xanthoman
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Southeast Idaho New Guy

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am

Welcome to the forum.
I know of at least 2 teardrop owners in Lewiston, Idaho.
I know you're over 500 miles from Lewiston.
One of the guys is George, who has at last count, about 11 vintage teardrops.
If by chance you see one of any vintage introduce yourself.
Here's another resource besides TNTT.com. Teardroppers Of Oregon & Washington we have members from Idaho too.

In any case, with your experience, you'll be able to successfully make your own version of a teardrop from this website.
Check out The Hall Of Fame link at the top of each page for inspiration.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves