New from NC

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New from NC

Postby josephdantonio » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:43 pm

Hey. I have been lurking for months I finally got started on my build today
I will be posting up a build journal I'm using a 4x8 hf trailer.
Love reading this forum.
josephdantonio
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New from NC

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:07 am

Welcome aboard Joseph! Post lots of pics in the Builders thread. :pictures: We love watching! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby drgrumpus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Hey, Joseph, welcome to the best teardrop site in the world. I built my 2nd teardrop on a HF 4X8 trailer. You will want to convert it from folding to non-folding. I did it by taking the extra cross member and cutting it in half to serve as a bolted-in brace on the joint in the side beams. It worked well, but left me with more bolt heads to accommodate in my 3/4 ply sides. The spring mount added even more bolt heads, but I measured the location of all the heads and succeeded in getting relief cuts in the correct places to allow my 3/4 ply sides to snug up to the frame. I also inverted the axle on the springs to lower it. It has been on the road for several months and logged 300-400 miles with no issues. If I do another HF 4X8, I'd use real upset thread locknuts.

Have a blast,

Mike
Five cords of wood in, snow tires on, 5 X 8 NT frame on order. Gonna build a TD this winter.
drgrumpus
Teardrop Builder

Postby brx017 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Hey Joseph, Welcome! Good to see someone else from NC. Maybe we'll cross paths some day.

Have Fun!

Brooks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
brx017
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves