Hello

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello

Postby Tempest » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Hello, planning a custom TD build for multi seasonal use and needs.

Summer - mounted on a flatbed pu so I can also pull a livestock trailer for over night trips.
Some with the camper mounted on a small trailer when not using the stock.
Winter - mounted on skis for back country use pulled with a custom four track machine in deep powder snow.

Must haves for a happy better half! Shower! Cassette toilet! Warm! Non-negotiable!

Initially planned on building a conventional TD until finding this site and reading about the foamies. A foamie would work great for light deep snow travel!

Tempest
Tempest
Teardrop Builder

Re: Hello

Postby aggie79 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Welcome Tempest!

Look forward to your build.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Tempest » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Thank you much!
Tempest
Teardrop Builder

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi Tempest, welcome aboard. Good for you, planning a custom build to satisfy the little lady. I do believe you are really planning on building a "Standy", since a true teardrop must contain a bed, an exterior cooking area and must be small enough so standing inside is impossible. Nevertheless, I have to commend you for your plans to make it useable during all seasons on the year. I suppose your wheels will be removeable, and the basic trailer body will be able to be mounted on the flatbed, and also be reconfigured for use on snow. Very interesting, and probably one of a kind, since wheel and tongue removal is almost unheard of, as far as I know. Do take pics and share them with us. I'm anxious to see how you proceed and also how it will work on the truck, on snow and as well as on wheels. Good luck.
:D 8) :thumbsup: Roly, the li'l ol' So Calif woody teardrop builder.....among others~~
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves