NewMemberInVA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

NewMemberInVA

Postby defjr333 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Hello all.
Just joined this fabulous Forum, after lurking and learning for the past 6 months. I am a Virginia native, and currently reside there as well. A few years ago I converted a 1999 Chevy 2500HD Ambulance into a work truck/ RV that allowed me to live on sites for short periods as needed. Sadly the transmission, and other issues made it financially not worth continuing. It was an excellent vehicle non the less. Queen size bed, Sink, Refrigerator, LP Stove, LP Heat, Microwave, Xantrex1800 Inverter/ Charger, AC, and so much more. All the storage cabinets on exterior were great for Tool Storage, LP tank, Battery Banks, and Water Tanks. But, I now must look at creating a new vehicle to replace it. My current choices are either a 14' Trailer, or possibly a Shuttle Bus. Both have their pros and cons. Over the next 6 months I hope to get opinions AND HOPEFULLY ideas from the many talented and knowledgeable people here to make my decision on which to build. I have most of the items from the ambulance I will reuse, but am not opposed to replacing if needed or would make the next build that much better.
About me:
43 year old male, 6' 160lb in above avg shape for my age I would like to think...... ex Navy Aviation Electronics Tech. Good to Excellent at woodworking and construction. Able to follow directions and sometimes improve, but also can see where another may have the best solution and no need to improve on. Hope to pick your brains for this project and possibly help others with any knowledge I can provide along the way. Again, EXCELLENT SITE here guys and girls. I hope to hear from as many of you as possible.
THNX Doug
defjr333
Teardrop Builder

Re: NewMemberInVA

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Welcome aboard, Doug. First step, buy a trailer frame. Next step, experiment with full-size cardboard profile. Third step, load up on framing lumber, plywood, glue, screws, caulking, windows, doors, elect wiring and outlets, sandpaper and exterior and interior finishes. Now after making it legal, take off and enjoy camping. See, nothing to it, we all have been where you are at one time.
:) 8) ;) Roly~~
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves