New builder in Portland

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New builder in Portland

Postby SarahC » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:45 am

Hello all:

I have long admired teardrops - recently saw that a neighbor is building one in his garage then went on a camping trip with friends and their vintage trailer and decide that I could build one too. I have already been reading many posts on this board, learning a lot and dreaming of my design. I will be spending this winter working on it with my girls (15 and 11) with the hopes of hitting the road in the summer. I have done a number of home improvement projects, own the tools and have above basic woodworking skills.

I was thinking of a 6 x 8 but worry about towing a trailer that wide so I might settle on a 5 x 8. As soon as I can make up my mind I will order the trailer and other parts/supplies and start building.

I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions in the future.

Sarah
SarahC
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New builder in Portland

Postby MadMango » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:26 am

Welcome to the Forums, and this will be an exciting project to share with your daughters! My son is 4 and "helps" when he's allowed.
MadMango
"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating." ~Quentin Stafford-Fraser

You can see my design planning, The Mobile Mango.
You can follow my TTT build here, The Mobile Mango
MadMango
Teardrop Master

New builder in Portland

Postby pruittaw » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Welcome! I'm also in Portland. Portland, OR that is. I'm in the early stages of building a 5x10' Benroy style trailer. There is a lot of great information here and lots of good ideas and experience to learn from.

If you're in Portland, OR I'd be happy to help with finding supplies if that would be helpful.

Happy building,
Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by pruittaw on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony (pronounced 'toe knee')
pruittaw
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New builder in Portland

Postby SarahC » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:24 pm

Tony - yes I am in Oregon. I am sure I will have supply questions as I really get into building this.
SarahC
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves