Newbie from Finland

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Finland

Postby JonchaVilla » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:32 am

Hello everyone!

This is Joni from Finland. I recently started the most brilliant or the stupidiest project ever. I started to gather stuff for teardrop trailer project.

I only got this idea a few weeks ago. This forum has a big deal with it. I have a friend with traditional big mobile home and I also have a friend with very compact living van. I also started to dream about having somekind of moving home myself but I didn't want anything big because I do not have storage places or room to have traditional clumsy and big trailers. The need of camper is only due summertimes and something like 2-4 weekends per year. Then came the idea of having a extremely small caravan box for one or two person, wich could easily be removed from the common utility trailer. Luckily I found this forum right after. I have found this thread viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63237&hilit=utility+trailer very useful. It is quite similiar to my project. Mine is just smaller.

I was planning to buy utility trailer next spring but last weekend I happened to found very cheap and suitable used trailer so the project started earlier than expected :) The floorspace is 120cm x 280cm and because our summers are cold in Finland I need to insulate. These are my toughts so far:

-construction material is plywood and polyuretan insulation.
-I'm interested of using solar power.
-Round profile, as simple as possible.
-small cooking station to the rear end.
-Radio, television, ability to charge mobile phone, lights. Maybe even somekind of floorheater.

I'm going to start building the floor next weekend and walls probably on december or january. I still need to think about windows and door. I'm running on extremely low budget so that's why I cannot build this as fast as I would like to :) I'll start a building journal thread here soon. I already had very useful hints and tips from this forum and probably will ask more when the project goes on.
JonchaVilla
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from Finland

Postby bobhenry » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:13 am

CAREFUL! Tiny trailers can become an insanity......Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby JonchaVilla » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:24 am

I'm thinking of making a narrow version from this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 233958.jpg I'm somewhat obsessed with the idea that I could make as small living box as possible.

Nice teardrops you got there! I like the middle one's roof profile.
JonchaVilla
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Graniterich » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:30 am

Where abouts in Finland?
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby JonchaVilla » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:27 pm

I live in Kuopio, city in Eastern-Finland.

I have never encountered teardrop in Finland, but I know there is at least one in somewhere northern parts of country. The maker even made a video of making the wagon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmE2QLQxLkA
JonchaVilla
Teardrop Inspector

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Welcome to the forum.
We once had a very active member named Heikki from Vantaa, Finland who also made a teardrop trailer and imported one from the USA.
He just disappeared from the forum one day.
So you'll probably have one of a handful of teardrops in Finland.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves