New from north GA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New from north GA

Postby crp534 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:29 am

Hello,

New member here looking for ideas for my first build which will be a huge teardrop/tiny travel trailer.
crp534
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New from north GA

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:13 am

Hi new member. Oops, I think you missed the Newbie introduce yourself section. It would help us all if we knew a little about you, your name, where you are from, what talents you have, if you have ever camped before and the size and shape of your proposed build. Again, I say, welcome aboard, we are here to help, so take advantage of all of the free advice and enjoy what we enjoy.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly, the li'l ol' So Calif woody guy.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Re: New from north GA

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi crp534... Welcome to the Forum... :applause:

As Roly said, an intro with a bit about you would be nice... especially a name... :)

You said... "Hello, New member here looking for ideas for my first build which will be a huge teardrop/tiny travel trailer." This is a fairly open question that could be answered better if we knew a bit about you... :NC

For example, I built a Cargo Conversion for off road camping, while prospecting with my brother or my prospecting buddy, in the AZ desert within a max of some 3 - 4 hours from home. I went CC because of an old back injury that makes sleeping in a TD rough and my work just didn't give me the time I wanted for a complete build... I then moved to MN (bringing my CC), but then The Boss (my wife), wanted a better bathroom, because we were now spending more time together camping... so, I purchased a 19-1/2 foot Toy Hauler... If to do it all over I would have built a 25' 5th wheel Toy Hauler as the construction of manufactured trailers is considerably less than I like... BTW, I spend at least 5,000 miles a year camping and may still build the 5th wheel... :thinking: :roll:

With all that, the first thing I would need to know is what you want to use it for and do you want to stand up, and is an inside galley desired (I personally like a inside galley, but others do not)... Anyway, you get the picture... Welcome aboard and we wish you good luck on your build and maybe we'll get to meet, shake hands, and laugh around a friendly camp fire... :shake hands: :shake hands: :lol: :lol:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves