Hello from Oklahoma!!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Oklahoma!!

Postby Tom Horn » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Hello to everyone. I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Tommy and I like in Oklahoma about an hour north of Dallas.
I am getting ready to start my build soon as I have decided my design will be based on the new cub design. I have already been studying different builds on here and will probably be asking a lot of questions.
Anyways hello and look forward to learning from everyone on here.
Thanks,
Tommy
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hello from Oklahoma!!

Postby QueticoBill » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Welcome from another newbie here, in Land of Lincoln. I too am starting a build. Ordered NT 5 x 8 and pick it up Thursday. Wanting to like a squarish or even benefit, I kept being drawn to the more classic shapes, the New Cub originally but moved onto the Grumman. They are not that different of profiles and I liked no bending under 24" radius. :FNP

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:40 am

Hi Tommy,
Welcome! We're in the DFW area. There are lots of teardroppers in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and Texas. Check out the South Central section if you haven't already. There is a big gathering at Beavers Bend in the spring. Tent camp or stop in on Saturday if you don't have your teardrop built. (Mine took 3+ years). We'd love to see y'all.
Take care,
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Tom Horn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will have to look into going to the Beavers Bend get together in the spring. I don't know how long it will take me to build mine. Hopefully I can knock it out in short order once I get started as I have plenty of free time when I am not working or making longbows.
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Welcome aboard Tommy... to both the Forum and to the world of tiny trailers... :thumbsup:

There is no shortage of information on this Forum and you should be able to get your questions answered... :applause:

Good luck on your design phase and the build... hope to see lots of pictures... :) :) :pictures: :pictures:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves