Hello From Dixie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello From Dixie

Postby ClydeB » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:41 am

Hi there, My name is Clyde and I lucked up on this place a month or so ago. Myself and my girlfriend are avid campers preferring primitive for the remoteness. All of that is fine and good but age and infirmities has made tent camping more of a chore than it used to be!

Currently I am finishing up building my retirement house with just a few more months worth of work to do! Looking at what to do with all the extra time I am going to have on my hands I decided we needed to get back to traveling, I mean whats more appropriate than finish a new house and then go out of town?!?

I am very interested in building my own standee in the vein of the T@B yet somehow keeping the kitchen in the rear. We have hopes of going to see the northern lights in it next year.

When we get started on the build I will be sure to post lots of pictures. I look forward to hearing yalls input.

Thanks for the add mike!
ClydeB
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello From Dixie

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 am

Welcome to the board, Clyde. Looks like you have been bitten by the bug. Dream, plan, build then go camping. Good luck.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly~~
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby drhill » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Welcome to tnttt Clyde. About 4 years ago or so I saw a T@B with a rear galley at an overflow campground (parking lot) that I was staying at. Looking at T@BS site I think it was a model CS or CS-S. Up to then I had never been interested in a trailer of any sort as cooking inside (when camping) just seems wrong to me. The TAB is too tall to fit in a garage but it got me looking on the internet and I ended up building my own teardrop. I got exactly the galley I wanted and a trailer that could carry up to 6 bikes easily. The great thing about building your own is you can tailor it to your tastes or needs. Actually I never did see another teardrop in person until I took a trip to the states with mine after I finished it.

Have a look under the "design Resources" tab on this site and look at the Campster 12 in the Design Library. Also use the search box on this site to look at standies. Have fun looking and planning and make sure to start a build journal when you start the building.
Cheers,
Don
drhill
Teardrop Master

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi Clyde... Welcome to the Forum and to the world of Tiny Trailers... :applause:
I made up my mind to go to a hard sided trailer when on a prospecting trip with my brother... We had driven several hours in the rain, hoping it would stop, but instead of setting up a dry camp, we spent a very restless night in an old K-5 Blazer... :cry: The rain had quit by morning and we could finally set up a base camp... :thumbsup:
The very next week I started the planning stage... :thinking:

There are a number of websites that post Aurora Predictions of time, date, and intensity... http://www.aurora-service.org/aurora-forecast/ and http://www.lakesuperior.com/blogs/superior-notes/BlogDO0213-northern-lights/ are just a couple... I have installed the app from http://www.365daysofbirds.com/minnesota-northern-lights-aurora-borealis-viewing-and-photography/ on my phone (I like it)... :thumbsup:

Good luck to you and I now like in MN... Give us a shout when you pass through to see the Aurora Borealis ... :thumbsup:
Attachments
Why I Went With a Trailer.jpg
Why I Went With a Trailer.jpg (148.96 KiB) Viewed 416 times
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves