first time builder

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

first time builder

Postby lacustom » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm Lou, from Melbourne Fl. My 10 year old son and I are build a tint trailer 6x10 that will sleep 4. It is definitely a long process trying to figure what you want in your trailer. Then you can figure out the size to fit it all. I've spent many hours trolling websites for ideas. I'm glad that I came across this site and hope that I can give some knowledge also. I own a cabinet shop so I do have good resources to hardware and the like. I'll post some photos soon.
Thanks
Lou
Lou Piscitelli
If you can dream it ,we can build it!
lacustom
Teardrop Advisor

Re: first time builder

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi Lou, Welcome to the Forum... :thumbsup:
I can't remember how many hours working with my Dad from childhood into adulthood and cherish that time... You have an opportunity to do the same... build your camper with your son and then use it... GREAT going and good luck with the build... :applause: :applause: :applause:
My Dad was a great teacher, leader, and always there to help, but still let me do it... Your son will love you til he dies for it... :applause:
Check out the Galleries, Hall of Fame, and Design Resources (at the top of the page) for great ideas and lists of things that are important to builds... Good luck and be sure to post pics of your build as you move forward... :pictures: :pictures:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Postby MadMango » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:47 am

Welcome Lou! I'm just across the river in Satellite Beach. Looking forward to your pictures!
MadMango
"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating." ~Quentin Stafford-Fraser

You can see my design planning, The Mobile Mango.
You can follow my TTT build here, The Mobile Mango
MadMango
Teardrop Master

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:21 am

Welcome aboard, this is the place for all of the answers. I suggest you build a small cardboard model out of cereal box material, one inch equals one foot. (It may take more than one). Ask questions, take pictures, post em and I wish you good luck on your build.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves