First time camper build

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

First time camper build

Postby droptop73 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Hello everybody, I've been looking around here for a while and want to make my first post. I'm embarking on building a camper to tow behind my 73 Mustang convertible. The plan is to drag it all over the country to events and general travel. Its going to be 5' wide by 5' tall and 10' long. The construction will be fairly conventional but the shape is an amalgam of trailers and truck caps from the 70's.
I'm open to any help, suggestions, advice or admonition you all can provide. I tend to be a great 80 percenter so encouragement down the stretch will be appreciated. LOL!! I'm gonna try to add a couple images of my plan and my tow vehicle.

Profile.jpg
Profile.jpg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 315 times

Sig.jpg
Sig.jpg (93.9 KiB) Viewed 315 times

Thanks!

Jeff
droptop73
Teardrop Inspector

Re: First time camper build

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Welcome to the fun.

Looks like you have a good plan. :thumbsup:

Be sure to post :pictures: once the sawdust starts flying.
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Re: First time camper build

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi droptop73, welcome to the Forum... :applause:
Your idea is interesting and check out the Gallery, Design Resources, Hall of Fame, and the various threads for ideas and answers to many questions that might pop up... Remember, there are no dumb questions... :thumbsup:

BTW, check out the 2x2 in the Design Resource; it is a bit longer, wider, and shorter than your design at 12ft x 6ft x 4ft, but it has a nice streamlined design that I thought you might like.. :thinking:

Remember, when it is your build... length, width, and height are usually relative... Good luck and be sure to post some pics when you get under way... :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)

The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves