Hello from central CA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from central CA

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:05 am

Hey everybody,
David here. I finally made it to your site.I live in the central valley of California.Last year My wife and I went tent camping at The Grand Canyon...we thought, "there must be a better way". We have a tandem bicycle. So moving the bike, camp stove, ice chest and tent in and out of the bed of my pickup truck was too crazy.
we decided to look for a small trailer (maybe a Casita) to purchase. Way too much for my plans. And then I seen one! Holy smokes! A teardrop!!!! wow check that out! Wait! What? I can buy a kit? NO WAY?! I can build one from scratch. :twisted:
Having had 25 plus years in the building material industry, I new about most of the "stuff" I would need to build one! not to mention home repairs and light construction with a few good friends.I have BASIC at best construction skills.
So for the last 6 months or so I've been cutting, planning ,measuring,bartering and some times hunting at my local junkyards for "Stuff". ( i like stuff). So... if you would like to, or need help. let me know.
Thanks GO_C_DAVE
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hello from central CA

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi, Dave:

It looks like you are well on your way: Image

Hope to see you around the campfire in the future!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby pchast » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Welcome Dave.... :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks everyone.
There's so many different options on how to build. :?
I've decided to start with a simple plan and let it evolve as I go.
The hatch design is always changing, from 46"-42" opening. Should I give up space for a peace of mind? Or gamble with a design that is not in my comfort zone? Rims? Skin? Nothing is set in stone. Well at least until the glue dries. :cry:
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves